I am completely done with Fallout 4 updates, lol

lefttounge

I am like done with both Fallout 4, and all of Bethesda's Steam updates.

Lol af, I tried to give the game an honest try, I had some awesome epic mods! Had the war tags, and all ;)

But I personally think Bethesda and Steam are intentually trying to sabotage the Fallout 4 modding community by instilling updates to make F4se no longer work.

Anyways, I just posted my opinion, Skyrim is a super cool game that never had any issues with these things, I might definately try and see what can be done with Fallout 4, when it works, it IS bada$$ stomping through the wastelands with an epic power suit and stuff.

:confused: I dunno, what are you guy's experiences? :huh:

Guest deleted34304850

there are many ways to protect yourself and your game from being impacted whenever the base game is updated. you should look into those methods. i can seamlessly carry on playing my fallout 4 game with no impact from the game updates, which force updates to f4se and mods that depend on that framework.

after a few days, all the mods i use which require an update will have that update published. i simply download them (without installing) and when everything is updated, i update f4se, and roll out the mod updates and carry on.

it is a pain that this has to be done, but it is possible to protect yourself, and i promise you, it really does take the pain out of whatever bethesda push out.

I use the mod "Automatic Fallout4.exe Backup", the F4SE mod automatically backs up the exe into a folder in the DATA folder, so while you're waiting for F4SE and the mods that rely on it update, you can use the backed up exe to continue playing until then.

There's also an Auto exe Backup for Skyrim SE game as well.

I also have "Automatically Update" turned off for Bethesda games, and when I see "Update Required" for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim SE, I put Steam into offline mode and wait about a week

I am like done with both Fallout 4, and all of Bethesda's Steam updates.

Lol af, I tried to give the game an honest try, I had some awesome epic mods! Had the war tags, and all :wink:

But I personally think Bethesda and Steam are intentually trying to sabotage the Fallout 4 modding community by instilling updates to make F4se no longer work.

Anyways, I just posted my opinion, Skyrim is a super cool game that never had any issues with these things, I might definately try and see what can be done with Fallout 4, when it works, it IS bada$$ stomping through the wastelands with an epic power suit and stuff.

:confused: I dunno, what are you guy's experiences? :huh:

I though I was the only one thinking like you think. I do also believe that at least Beth is sabotaging us with the intention to get tired of the whole thing so we can jump to their next game FO76. I cannot prove it obviously, but it does not makes any sense why in the Heaven whoever is not a member of the stupid CC, has to be put out to these unnecessary updates that instead fixing their buggy game, is giving us a headache.

And their freaking attitude is against the mod authors in particular and the Script Extender, because if you do not have any mod that depends on it, it does not matter that they update their freaking CC as many times they want so it won't hurt or interrupt our gaming. The problem is when we have in our load order mods that depends on the script extender.

I personally have not updated to the last version. My 2 games are on "Update Required". I am going to do what HadToRegister is suggesting just in case but I am not planning, at least for now, to update anything.

For my Fallout 4 game, I only have 2 mods that depends on the SE : Immersive Lovers Embrace and Place Everywhere. Since my house settlement has been built, I do not give a f *** about place everywhere mod working or not; in relation to the other, I can live without virtual sex forever .. lol …

For my Skyrim, I am in deep s*** because I have about 12 mods and the freaking Configuration Menu in my load order but again, I will do what HadToRegister is doing and get done with it.

Do not give up cause that is exactly what they want. A lot of new stuff is coming for these two games worth to continue playing them and since I believe there will not be another game from them that allow free and full modding, we better stick to what we have in hand. Like the quote says : "One bird in our hand has more value than 100 birds flying".

I can't play Skyrim without SkyUI (the default UI is just a nightmare becomes true) and sooner or later I will also search something similar for Fallout 4.

Alone for that I am grateful for skse/f4se. Still I can wait each time a few days until a new skse/f4se is out before I touch those games again.

Edited by taryl80

SkyUI only needs SKSE for the MCM though.

A few mods I made for myself use F4SE, otherwise I probably wouldn't use it. Days have long past where you can actually request for things added to extenders anyway.

Edited by Rasikko

@Everybody

Yeah none of that works for me.

I still get a $ in front of overlays, :hurr:

My presets are all blurred out and dont work. I am unable to have tattoos, even after uninstalling, reinstalling, replacing, fiddling, all of the above.

Its crap af, and steam files constantly replace themselves.

Also I heard from MxR that Fallout 76 is not going to have mod support and will have micro transactions. :thumbsup:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjUFN21opr0

then skip to 1:13 to skip the advertisements:hurr:

@sopmac45 thank you for somebody feeling the same way.

Heavy proof is in the malfunctioning of f4se.

Hopefully many users will just do something about it in protest so that s^ht can be done for a change about this, I am totally done stressing myself out about this

Edited by lefttounge