Remove (reduce) automatron robots from random encounters

e1grey

Reducing these encounter chances should also have the effect of increasing the chance of meeting unique merchant NPCs again. Automatron kind of trashed the prospect of finding these merchants. Thank you Urtho for giving us these settings.

Edited by Richwizard

I could have been a bit clearer I suppose - any encounters or locations that are already spawned and active will have to play out as it isn't a retroactive fix when it comes to your savegame. Any new areas you haven't ever been to or haven't been to in a time greater than your respawn settings should have the new numbers in effect.

Richwizard - you're welcome.

I could have been a bit clearer I suppose - any encounters or locations that are already spawned and active will have to play out as it isn't a retroactive fix when it comes to your savegame. Any new areas you haven't ever been to or haven't been to in a time greater than your respawn settings should have the new numbers in effect.

Richwizard - you're welcome.

That's excactly what I expected to happen - that robots would 'gradually' disappear. Just recently encountered a bunch of ghouls at the diner near Vault 81, and there used to be only those damn automatrons. So, it seems to have worked. Great! Just great! Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I played a little longer, and the edit doesn't seem to affect certain spawn locations if the automatron quest has been finished. But now I've started a new playthrough and there are no robots or rust devils at all, which is great. The quest still triggers fine, but there are no random encounters and no robots at their spawn locations. I don't know if I should do the quest (just for the experience boost); they might start spawning, which I don't want to happen. There's much more variety in enemies now (with the mods I've installed) and in loading screens as well. I guess I should stay away from Ada now.

• 3 months later...

i just disabled automatron alltogether, it only adds annoyance to the game.
those pesky eyebots, you have to carry around the gun you get from that stupid raider b&@*$ to easily shoot those eyebots down.

like Urtho says, i don't know what they where thinking at Bethesda when they implemented these ridiculous spawns.
It should have been like this, once you completed the DLC, you gradually see less and less of these bots, and thus less rust devils too cause there are no bots left to scrounge.

I guess when it comes to finalizing and properly developing a game Bethesda isn't doing a very good job.
their initial idea is marvelous, but then they mess it up everytime with stupid ideas.