Does one have to respect social hierarchy & the social ladder when making friends?

pricelessppp

Haven't had a friend to hang out with in so many years that I forgot what it's like. Not that I don't try to befriend anyone, it's just that they seem to always be wary of making new friends or something. I don't really care most of the time because I have always been able to enjoy myself alone doin' my thing. But once in awhile it does bother me that no one wants to be my buddy and just hang out. Guess I'm kinda boring or something. :wink:

There is a lot to be said for being boring. I had friends that were 'exciting', but, after a few visits by officer UNfriendly, that got old quick. Now, I enjoy my boring life. :smile: I am perfectly content to stay home, play my games, play with mods, or other things of that nature. One of the reasons I live where I do. (out in the sticks) Folks don't just 'show up', without calling first. :D

The exciting friends are usually the ones that you can't rely on for anything. My neighbor is a prime example in that he knows many, many people and is going places all the time. But, he is always having trouble with his life that he brings on himself by doing stupid, irresponsible things and then turning to his "friends" for help.....and he doesn't appreciate it when someone does help him. In short, he is a user- just like my brother was. So yeah, I prefer a quiet, comfortable life as well. I've experienced enough miserable situations with people to like boring just fine. ;)

• 3 weeks later...