Uninstalling might break the game (Oldrim)

TomAhsRF

Hello,

I've downloaded Vortex for the first time yesterday and used it to mod a clean install of original Skyrim.

Now, I wished I had never changed from Mod Manager to Vortex, because disabling mods might destroy, and I mean destroy, my game.

This problem occurred for the first time when I tried to uninstall the Quality World Map - Paper edition mod. After disabling/uninstalling said mod, Skyrim instantly crashed when loading or starting a new game without outputting an error message even though the mod only added some textures and no other mods depended on it. Re-installing the mod fixed the crashing, but then I would be stuck with a buggy mod. Disabling all mods, repairing the game via steam, and redeploying all mods did not fix the problem, only purge mods and subsequent deployment did.

I thought purging mods would be a general fix for this issue in case it would happen with other mods as well; however, now I'm trying to disable the Darker Nights addon of Climates of Tamriel and I'm having the same issue again and purge mods won't fix the problem, only reinstalling the mod with the exact same settings and addons as it was before does, which is really annoying because I can't see jack in caves with the addon activated.

I wasn't able to find anyone else with the same problem via google.

Am I too stupid to use/understand this tool or is this a serious problem for anyone else?