Removing mod archives

Eljas11

Hi! Just started modding again after a few years and i am trying out the new vortex mod manager. I have installed everything on my SSD and i want to remove the mod archives for mods that are already installed, so i can clear up a lot of space. Is that possible? Is it the files in "C:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\downloads\falloutnv" that i should remove? :happy:

Edited by Eljas11

Hi! Just started modding again after a few years and i am trying out the new vortex mod manager. I have installed everything on my SSD and i want to remove the mod archives for mods that are already installed, so i can clear up a lot of space. Is that possible? Is it the files in "C:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\downloads\falloutnv" that i should remove? :happy:

I am going from a HDD to a SSD and I used the custom version of VORTEX i just made the same path on my D drive D:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\downloads\SkyrimSE and made Vortex downloads point to that.

My guess is you can move those downloads to your secondary drive using the same path as I did on my D drive?

My mods loaded properly from VOTEX and game played as normal (You would use falloutnv instead of skyrimse)

If you go to Settings > Download... under "Download Folder" there is a hyperlink. If you click that, it will open your download folder with all the archives.

Alternatively, you can right click mods in mod view and click "remove" in the context menu to remove the mod, the archive, or both (you would want to only tick the box for archive).

• 2 years later...

h

I am going from a HDD to a SSD and I used the custom version of VORTEX i just made the same path on my D drive D:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\downloads\SkyrimSE and made Vortex downloads point to that.

My guess is you can move those downloads to your secondary drive using the same path as I did on my D drive?

My mods loaded properly from VOTEX and game played as normal (You would use falloutnv instead of skyrimse)

Hi

If you go to Settings > Download... under "Download Folder" there is a hyperlink. If you click that, it will open your download folder with all the archives.

Alternatively, you can right click mods in mod view and click "remove" in the context menu to remove the mod, the archive, or both (you would want to only tick the box for archive).

Hi,

So i did what you said and it takes me to a folder titled after the game I downloaded mods for and another folder titled vortex download folder. Which one do I purge for the archives?