My SSD has failed in Raid 0 (2x 128GB SSD) configuration set from the manufacture and now all data is lost. This came at a good time as I was not playing Skyrim, just learning MO2 and researching mods that I would enjoy.
My laptop is a GT70 2pc dominator mSATA drive non-nvme if that helps so looking for some advice technical and game related. I am posting some questions from other threads as no response in 2 days so hoping this is okay.
1. The laptop has room for 3 drives. The third drive is 1TB HGST platter (nothing on it so can be replaced). What would you suggest for a new setup of drives? Size, raid configuration, brands, etc.. think of this is yours and what would you do for gaming/entertainment
2. Where would you install steam games at? The default location for steam is in the program folders x86 and read that this is not a good idea. This may be better answered by how the drives are being setup.
3. Thoughts on Mod Organizer 2 vs Vortex. Are both still being developed? From my understanding that the person tannin has worked on both so is MO2 being phased out for Vortex? Since I am just getting started in modding don't want to be on the back end of one organizer if it is being replaced by another.
4. I was looking for help on the graphics side finding the right ones that won't overwhelm my GTX870m 6GB. My inital search is for SMIM, 2017 Textures, 3d Trees and plants. This is for the environment of how to make it look better. I want to be part of it. What has looked good to you. I do have 24 GB of memory if that helps
5. Appreciate any other pieces of advice, mods, hints, tips, tricks to enjoy this game.