[LE] Knowledge Help with Model Conversion to Nif Pieces?

Devaxus

Nice. but I tried doing the attaching detaching in that one tut but im still getting multiple meshes unless im supposed to attach the pieces together and then detach them from the rest of the suit?

nope that still ended up doing the same thing?

Edited by Devaxus

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds very confusing, I'm not sure what you are doing wrong.

Maybe this is clearer than me: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-permanently-combine-multiple-objects-into-a-single-object-s.html

So, to try and explain this concisely, last I saw you had the model separated in a bunch of objects, boots1, boots2, boots3, cuirass1, etc. Say you want to join boots1, 2 and 3 into a single object. You go into boots1's editable poly and you attach boots2 and 3. So now the boot is a single object, boots1. You do the same for the other parts as needed. Why would you need to detach in order to attach?

Not sure really. But when I took thr cursor clicc drag selected say just the boots then clicked detach in the edit geometry section when I clicked ok on the pop up it created 4 objects instead of just one. But ill try one of those options in the autodesk link after I get off work around noon central us time and let you know how it went. Also. Since there are parts on these suits that actually emit light or glow would I need to separate those from their respective places individually or would aask be required for those? (Not sure if that last part is necessarily important at this stage in the mod or not).

For the glowy bits you could test if with your exporter it will automatically split different materials on the model (the materials themselves dint matter, its just to assign different material id), it should and mine does. Once thats confirmed then its better to have single object and assign different material to the parts that glow. That way you work with a single object in 3dsmax and then its splitted when exported to nif.

That sounds very confusing, I'm not sure what you are doing wrong.

Maybe this is clearer than me: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-permanently-combine-multiple-objects-into-a-single-object-s.html

So, to try and explain this concisely, last I saw you had the model separated in a bunch of objects, boots1, boots2, boots3, cuirass1, etc. Say you want to join boots1, 2 and 3 into a single object. You go into boots1's editable poly and you attach boots2 and 3. So now the boot is a single object, boots1. You do the same for the other parts as needed. Why would you need to detach in order to attach?

How's this?

Pgrwrbv.jpg

Do I need to delete the original meshes now?

Good I suppose, you could keep them for backup reasons if you want. You can organize that a bit by the way with layers, that's on the top toolbar, from where it says "create selection" the forth symbol to the right.

As for the teapots, with a bit of abstraction it does, In the same way the guy animates the teapots you would animate the skeleton, you have it pose A, activate auto key, set one, move timeline, move it to pose B, disable autokey, now you have an animation going from pose A to pose B. The first of the video should be good enough.

Good I suppose, you could keep them for backup reasons if you want. You can organize that a bit by the way with layers, that's on the top toolbar, from where it says "create selection" the forth symbol to the right.

As for the teapots, with a bit of abstraction it does, In the same way the guy animates the teapots you would animate the skeleton, you have it pose A, activate auto key, set one, move timeline, move it to pose B, disable autokey, now you have an animation going from pose A to pose B. The first of the video should be good enough.

alright I'll give it a shot (the posing thing) and here are the meshes now cleaned up lol

QdTfwWT.jpg

ummmm......

pZVrjQG.jpg

That's indeed the pose missmatch I'm talking about, start by scaling your model so it's the same height, then animate it rotating bones as needed. Go through the bones following hierarchy, from shoulder to fingers not the other way around. Same for legs. You can import the skyrim body model as well that should animate with the bones, probably easier to see what you are doing with the model than just the skeleton.