Vortex "File Busy" when setting Download folder

Revan7even

When I set the Downloads folder location I get the error "Vortex needs to access"M:/Vortex Mods/-downloads-/-downloads-" but it's open in another application."

But it isn't, because the folder doesn't exist. The folder I have selected to move the games' downloads folder to is M:/Vortex Mods/-downloads-

After clicking cancel it has correctly moved the games' downloads folders into M:/Vortex Mods/-downloads-

• 5 weeks later...

I have the very same issue. Vortex didn't actually deploy any of my downloaded and activated mods for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, so I looked up a modding guide that demanded the mod-folder to be on the same harddrive as the game itself. I indeed use different harddrives for normal desktop applications and games, so I tried to move it two times. First time went well, but I wasn't happy with the folder, and at the second time the above error happened.
I already restarted, deleted all old mod files, then uninstalled Vortex and reinstalled it, but the program has no option to reset its variables through this process, so the fresh installation still has this folder path, and the issue that this path can't be changed anymore.

Edited by RiiNagaja