Archive Damaged?

justanotherlongknight

i keep getting the error "archive damaged, encountered errors extracting archive. Please verify this file was downloaded correctly.

neither the mod manager download nor manual will work. i just get the same error. files tested and verified with WinRar and will work fine in nexus mod manager. I can the import them without a problem.

i am running windows 10 64bit with 16gb of memory. i encountered the error in version 0.16.8 and 0.16.10.

any help would be appreciated thank you.

just another long knight.

Could you clarify what you mean by this: "neither the mod manager download nor manual will work. i just get the same error. files tested and verified with WinRar and will work fine in nexus mod manager. I can the import them without a problem." ?

Do you mean that if you download through Vortex or manual the archive is damaged but if you download it through NMM it's fine or that you can use NMM to install the file you downloaded via Vortex/manual but the exact same file installed through Vortex shows as damaged?

Is this always the same mod or did you try different files?

Which mod is it?

Since you downloaded it both with Vortex, and Manually, and the archive was reported as "Archive Damaged", It could be the modder archived the file with a version of something that Rar of 7z doesn't like

Tell me the name of the mod so I can download it and try and extract it.

So NMM will extract the file correctly, but Vortex won't.

clarification: if i use vortex ii can not use mods i download with vortex nor if i download them manually... this happens with ALL mods. i can load these same mods with nmm or mo2 with no problem then import them into vortex but this is the only way i can get the mods to work in vortex.

this happens with small and large mods and the unofficial bug fix for fo4.

this appears to be a vortex problem and not a problem with the mods themselves.

i have the same problems with fo4 and Skyrim SE. these are the only games i am currently modding.

here is a short list of some of the mods i am using in FO4 that i have had trouble with.

Achievements v1-0-5-12465-1-0-5

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource v7.9-6091-v7-9-1539540184

Automatron - Weapons System Overhaul-11213-1-1-3

Better Companions-18547-1-17

Clean Power Armor HUD v1.1b-178-1-1b

Faster Terminal Displays (20x) Creation Kit Version-937-3-0

Full Dialogue Interface - All languages - NMM installer - Beta12-1235-Beta12.zip

Mod Configuration Menu 1.32-21497-1-32

True Storms - Wasteland Edition v1.4.1-4472-1-4

clarification: if i use vortex ii can not use mods i download with vortex nor if i download them manually... this happens with ALL mods. i can load these same mods with nmm or mo2 with no problem then import them into vortex but this is the only way i can get the mods to work in vortex.

this happens with small and large mods and the unofficial bug fix for fo4.

this appears to be a vortex problem and not a problem with the mods themselves.

i have the same problems with fo4 and Skyrim SE. these are the only games i am currently modding.

here is a short list of some of the mods i am using in FO4 that i have had trouble with.

Achievements v1-0-5-12465-1-0-5

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource v7.9-6091-v7-9-1539540184

Automatron - Weapons System Overhaul-11213-1-1-3

Better Companions-18547-1-17

Clean Power Armor HUD v1.1b-178-1-1b

Faster Terminal Displays (20x) Creation Kit Version-937-3-0

Full Dialogue Interface - All languages - NMM installer - Beta12-1235-Beta12.zip

Mod Configuration Menu 1.32-21497-1-32

True Storms - Wasteland Edition v1.4.1-4472-1-4

While I have no solution for your problem, I can confirm that I have working versions of five of the mods you mention. I have manually downloaded and installed them with no difficulty. The mods are: Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, Achievements, Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource, Full Dialogue Interface, and Mod Configuration Menu.

I wish I could be of more help to you, but I really have no idea why the mods work for me and not for you.

i keep getting the error:

"archive damaged, encountered errors extracting archive. Please verify this file was downloaded correctly."

Is that really the whole message you get? Vortex should usually list the messages it got from 7-zip below that. If this is really the entire message that means that 7-zip reported an error without ever printing what that error was. In that case I'm afraid I can't tell you what's wrong either because 7z simply doesn't say.

On the other hand the dialog should then offer you a "continue" button. If you click that, is the mod extracted correctly, only partially or not at all?

• 2 weeks later...