Mod that tells you what mods conflict?

beantownfan73

I have about 30 something mods. I tried to add three more last night and the game won't start. I disable them one by one and still the game won't start. If I disable all three the game starts fine. Is there any mod or manager that tells you if mods conflict with other mods? I have vortex but don't see any option to check for conflicts. It lets me know if files are missing or dependant on another mod but that's it. Thank you.

You might try running SSEedit with all your mods checked, let it complete the list, then apply a filter to show conflict losers. I'm not sure if that will solve your problem, but it does help me sort out when I have leveled list issues and such.

Before doing that, though, have you run LOOT for load order? I know Vortex has the LOOT setup in it, but it may not hurt to try LOOT itself, to see if it wants things in a different place. Failing that, since it's narrowed down to 3 mods potentially being a catalyst, you could try juggling their load order around manually. I'd suggest LOOT and SSEedit first, though.

I'm not in a position to link from youtube, but if you search SSEedit or xedit and conflict, you should find some tutorials on how to run the filters. Also, Gamer Poets has an easy-to-follow installation tutorial, if you're new to SSEedit.

Thanks for the replies. I have loot installed and I only ever paid attention to the load order thatâs required - it was mentioned on the unofficial patch page. It listed the top five or six and then it says ârest of your modsâ. I assumed they could be in any order after the first five.

No you have interpreted that wrong. The unofficial patch page was just advising you that the unofficial patch should be above your other mods.

First use LOOT to sort your load order then test.

If you still have problems you could either use SSEEdit to detect conflicts or just post your ESP load order here and we may be able to tell you what to do.

It may be that you are missing a patch

Okay time to learn y'all some load ordering

You can load mods in whatever order unless they are related in some way. For example an armor mod and a gun mod can be organized above or below each other and have no issues. But those if another mod changed the stats, textures, and or so on of the armor mod then that third mod needs to be loaded below the armor one.

Hope that helps

It's a lot easier to notice a mod conflict by clicking on the Mod Checker button, but there is also a few other things can one do in Wrye Bash.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/11289-0-1501865169.png (setting to show loadorder correctly)

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/11289-0-1501865275.png (explains the Mod Checker button and what purpose it has)