Dirty Noir beds

Xain35

I love the Noir beds from the penthouse mod, but since im doing this playthrough with homeplate as my home, I would love dirty versions of the noir beds. The only problem is that I cant figure out how to do it, and im not exactly a texture artist. If someone could walk my through it, or would even be willing to make it, it would make my week XD

• 3 weeks later...

It is fairly simple. I don't have the 'penthouse' mod but if it's textures are in a bsa format you must first open the bsa and remove the mesh and texture you want with a program like BSA Browser. Once you have found the mesh, it is easy to find the required texture file with NifSkope. Open the texture with whatever paint program you prefer, personally I like Paint.net because it's free and easy to navigate. Look for a dirt, dirty, fog, smog .pgn image with your web browser. Once you find one you like, download and copy it. Open both the 'noir' bed texture and the dirt texture with your paint program, add a new transparent layer over the bed texture then copy and add the dirt .pgn texture over it. You can adjust the transparency and placement of the dirt texture without affecting the bed texture. Once you have something your satisfied with, flatten the image and save it as DXT5 with mipmaps. Always make sure you keep the original image in another folder to avoid problems if you decide to change or alter the image again. I usually don't repack the image, in your Textures folder, just make a new folder path that NifSkope has laid out. The game gives priority to the folders over the bsa files so you should be able to see your creation in-game without any issues. If the 'noir' bed has material files when you look at it through NifSkope you can either delete the material line which will then default to the texture line or you will have to replace the material files as well. Material files are a bit more complicated to replace.