I created a mod that used Outfit studio to add bones weights of feral ghouls to a bunch of human npc meshes. It looks ok with the expected clipping and occasional slight warping here and there.

But, to do this and not have seams getting warped and pulled apart where shapes are joined, such as the neck join to the shoulders, I had to join the shapes all to one piece in Blender. I probably could have carefully hand painted the weights to avoid this maybe, idk.

So now, most head, body and hands are fused together, but I don't think that is the issue. In Vats, I can't target their heads. I can target the hair or a hat if they have it but with a zero hit chance. But the head and body target as one when using vats.

Also, I cannot Dismember them. Normal Ferals dismember quite easily.

Most of these still have the human subsegment datas in the clothings. I have seen the limbs cripple, and have seen them do various things, sometimes drop to the ground, like a ghoul with a missing leg, and others limp like a human crippled leg. It's kinda cool to have that variation tbh but I think I should try to standardize them.

So, If I add all the feral ghoul subsegment data with the feral SSF files in outfit studio, will that give me dismemberment and correct vats targeting? The Race, body part data,npc records, armor and armor addon records are all direct copies of vanilla feral ghouls, so the problem is not in the esp but must be in the nif files.

Personally, I don't use Vats and kinda like the variations of crippled-ness but If I am publishing a mod, I know it should be as close to vanilla standards as possible.