Strange Problem ..

KuroPersona

Hello Everyone ! This is my first post, sorry if this is not the good place.

The problem is strange .. I'm blocked on that since 2 years, but now I'm asking your help to figure out what I do wrong...

So, some mod are working, and other not. Escpecially the mod made by C3Anderson, which is very annoying since he have unique mods like shoopuf HD, Blitz Ball HD etc.

I will make an exemple with Tidus 4k:

So 1/ I instal FFX on steam

2/ I instal UnX 0.9.1.9 on the root of FFX (This is the rar version not the installer)

3/ I Open the game 1 time to make the other files appear (booster etc)

-I don't touch anything from the config (By default the injector is on 'true')

-At the beginning of the game u can see 'mod enabled'

4/I drag Tidus 4k by C3Anderson in the folder UnX_Res / Inject / textures

Conclusion : Original Tidus

5/ I drag Tidus 4k by Drogean in the folder UnX_Res / inject / textures / UnX_Old

Conclusion : Tidus in 4k with the leather and the coton (^^)

Note: I tried to put Tidus By Anderson on the UnX_Old Folder, but no result.

I have C++ 2015 installed.

I run the game in admin.

Game set to 'High'

Finally: i'ts look like MOST mod by C3Amderson doesn't want to work (I need to test all of them, but so far ... -_-) and the 2 other mod I really wanted doesn't work either (Better Texture by Fragrosso & Face Tweak by Ellise)

I don't know if there is something I miss, or idk, it seem like if a mod is recent, and if the author need me to place it on 'textures' and not 'UnX_Old' .. It doesn't work. Idk

And to finish with as much details as possible here is 2 mod who need to be installed in 'textures' and one work will the other doesn't:

Working: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasyxx2hdremaster/mods/2?tab=description

Not Working: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasyxx2hdremaster/mods/26/?tab=description

Everything is said I think ^^ Sorry for the bad english too, I'm learning ^^

So yeah I really really need your help pls ...

If u need a youtube video to demonstrate I can do it... I'll do anything to undertand what is going on.

AND a BIG thanks to every modders who work hard!

Edited by KuroPersona

Sorry for the doublepost I was afraid to make the first one too big.

So after testing EVERY Character retexture, the conclusion is simple:

No one are working except All retexture character made by Drogean and the Vibrant Eye mod for Yuna/Tidus/Rikku made by Clockwork ...

I was like 'OOOoh Ok, my "texture" folder have a problem!' BUT, Vibrant eye mod are on the "texture" folder ...

Before: https://imgur.com/vq78PUp

After: https://imgur.com/yV5Lw8y

Ok All mod made by Drogean goes to "UnX_old" but the Menu "Bugenhagen" goes in "texture" and work fine ... ?!

Where is the problem? Thats unreal ...

Hello,

All of your mods that work are pretty old from 2016.

Newer mods have updated hashes that work with later project X version without the need for the "old" folder.

I'm guessing the UNX is not up to date. I know you mentioned 0.9.1.9 but maybe it's not installed completely?

I would first start by deleting all unx and project x files from the game directory and the my documents directory. Then reinstall projectX using the installer at the page you can find linked in my FFX mods.

Tell the installer to use the latest Project X/UnX version.

Then install just one mod to test. Pick any mod later than 2016 to be sure the latest hashes. Then install that 1 mod and test.

Once you know it's working gather all the modsyou want and enjoy.

There could also be conflicts meaning if you have duplicates from older mods still installed in the "old" folder they may override the more up to date mods. Make sure there is nothing in the "old" for testing especially the "better textures" mod which contains most textures from the game. This will avoid conflicts and help narrow down the issue.

Hopefully this works. if not report back and we can troubleshoot further.

Hello Anderson ! First of all thanks you for helping ! :smile:

Okay so here is what I did:

-restart computer

-Delete every file in FFX folder (reinstal)

-Delete "My Mods"

-Ccleaner

-Open SKIMP64 in admin

-Choose test (lastest)

And ended with an infinite Loop:

Image: https://imgur.com/Yay5BZo

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iliamk93AO0

And I forgot to say something ! The first time I lauched FFX after installing Unx rar method, I got a message just like the one I posted who said something like "Update available 0.9..." so I say YES and I ended with Infinite Loop.

At least When I say NO, The game lauch with the UnX working, but working as u already know ^^ When I say NO I can ear a voice say "Damn that was annoying", it scared my soul !!!

So yeah basically, something wrong but idk why ... :smile:

Edited by KuroPersona

Great news . I did It !!!! !!! !!! :laugh:

Omg that was a long long road !!

So I readed TON and TON of post on steam, Github, google ... Very fews information, but I saw that post on steam, where u can see someone said he couldn't inject texture after the version 0.8.7

And something about compatibility between Windows 7 & UnX.

SO, I Installed the 0.8.7, with the official GitHub [https://github.com/Kaldaien/UnX/releases/tag/unx_087] , the one titled "UnX.7z" Which is THE 0.8.7 Right? In-game It say something like 0.7 on the bottom of the screen ... Bad start... grrr

Then I download the one titled "UnX_Test9.7z" and you know what.... It work :) In game it say "ver 0.9.0"

I'm pretty sure if that damn installer could work, choosing comptatibility mod will end with a working UnX 0.8.7 :) But Instaling the 0.9.0 with the rar method have solved my problem.

I will not speak about The very lack of info on internet (I saw many desperate soul, with no response to their problem...), or the not so simple "installer" BUT the files that do not have a specific title on GitHub ? pfff U need to open the rar and read the bottom of the unX.ini to know it...

I learned how to mod FFTactics, which was the most difficult thing I ever did (FF9 and FF8 are piece of cake, thanks to the scaledUI mod for FF9 and Tomberry for FF8), but Untitled Project X .... I hate u so much :p

You know, When it work, I didn't saw it directly xD Anderson your mods are totally different from Drogean !! This is more "subtile" ? The textures are not agressive at all ^^ Its like a better version of the original characters ... Awesome work!

AND, The Blitz-ball *.* The news face by Ellise *.* The Texture by Fragrosso *.* Thanks to u all!

I am proud to have persevered ! I hope I didn't bothered u too much :)

Bye