Fixes for Fallout: New California?

CourierandWanderer

This is for the people who made the mod Fallout: New California. As one of the gamers testing the beta, I have some requests to make. On the official note, I really do love this mod. Out of all the other mods I've played, this is perhaps the best one. I understand that it's a beta and therefore has more work to be done. There are some issues I just want to address, and I'm sure there have been people already addressing them before me. Please understand that I am not looking to criticize. The list is as follows:

-The enemies are so tough that you get slaughtered very easily. Usually, I do side or miscellaneous quests to boost my skill tree, perks, level, caps, and arsenal; but since there's just mostly the story quests and hardly anything else, it can be tough. I'm sure this is being worked on.

-Some written dialog from NPCs do not match what the NPCs themselves are saying. There are also some comma splices and misspells.

-There are some voice lines that cannot be heard or no lip sync.

-Some companion NPCs will follow you regardless of which side you choose. For example, Ranger Vargas will follow you even if you side with the Enclave. Shouldn't she turn hostile and try to kill you? Realistically, that's what should be happening.

-If the player character is supposed to have rapid healing abilities, shouldn't that be made into an in-game mechanic? Perhaps maybe a perk that can be granted during the mod's progression? For example, maybe choose something similar to Cag93's Health Regeneration mod? Why die naturally like all the other characters or go through a ton of stimpaks if you have these superhuman abilities? Just something to think about.

-Can we get power armor? Any power armor would do. It would give the player character more protection. In fact, why not include Enclave Power Armor? Granted that you would need the Power Armor Training perk.

-In the beginning of the mod, if joining vault security, you have no ammo and a badly damaged 9mm Pistol. Really? In fact, many of the weapons in the beginning are in terrible shape.

-After the mod's end credits, can we have the option to continue to Fallout: New Vegas with the same character created from Fallout: New California? I believe we had something like that five years ago when the mod was being referred to as Project Brazil? If the player character does become the Courier, why not incorporate this?

Not to discourage you, but there is no indication that the FNC team monitors this forum, and their own statements that you should make such comments (with details where possible) on their DISCORD server.

Have you read the comments page or the forum page those comments also appear on? Many of those criticisms have been answered there.

-Dubious-