Need Help Creating Meshes for Pulowski Shelter Elevator

Plarux

Hello there,

I made a post a few days ago that addressed the need for .nif files. Today, I need to edit vanilla meshes to create different versions of the same one. The reason being, I'd like to create an elevator that looks like the Pulowski Preservation Shelter. Click here if you're not familiar. However, the .nif files I had asked for are not exactly what I need... After doing some fiddling and testing, I think I have it figured out. Also, thank you to ThalonMook for getting me one step closer to figuring this out!

So, what I need are meshes that include:

(1) The outer shell of the shelter (without the door, since Thalon already created it). - Picture 1

(2) The inner "cell" of the shelter (what you see when you close the door to the shelter). - Picture 2

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/Plarux/10-30-2018_12-17-04_AM_zpsimpynsqf.png

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/Plarux/10-30-2018_12-17-49_AM_zpsqt40xmge.png

Elevators work using a transition cell. This cell acts as the load screen between the cells the elevator is connected to. (2) would act as the transition cell. This cell doesn't spawn until the player calls the elevator. The transition cell clips with the exterior shelter (1) (you see this from the outside of the door), so that is why these meshes need separated accordingly.

Here is the link to a folder including some work I've done so far. It includes textures, materials, and the FalloutShelter.nif for easy access. If you could help make this a reality, I would be extremely grateful and happy. Like I stated in my other post, I will credit everyone for their contribution when the mod is released.

Thank you,

Plarux

PS. - The next thing I'll need most likely is a script to enable an object (static door) while the player is inside the transition cell, and disable it once the player exits or is in the cell(s) connected to each other. I figured I could include that in this post, in case anyone would like to help with that. If not, I'll probably end up creating a post for it.

What a great idea! ^.^

Where will the elevator lead to? (if you don't mind me asking?

I plan on using this for a player home that I'd like to create, but I think it would be a great resource for the modding community :P

Hi Plarux,

did I understand it right.

You want to enter the shelter and then it will teleport you to a special place?

CU

Thalon

Yes, but sort of. The easiest way I can explain it is you teleport from one pulowski shelter (somewhere in the world) and get teleported to another pulowski shelter (somewhere else in the world) and the load screen is you using the pulowski shelter as an elevator. Basically, the ShelterBase that I had you create is placed in the same spot twice. So, I need just the interior of the pulowski shelter made and what you see from the outside made. The door you made is exactly what I need. It's just the base mesh that needs to be separated now.

This is actually the video I watched to understand how elevators work. However, making the shelter into an elevator is a bit more complicated. In order to make it functional, meshes have to be altered to mimic the parts used in that tutorial. For instance, the transition cell, the inner & outer doors, and the call buttons.

I did manage to get the pulowski shelter to close and start moving down like an elevator, but there was clipping and other issues, such as the infinite elevator loop.

Definitely a good video though Larko! I've watched it at least a dozen times probably lol

I think what can be done here is to swap the elevator car model with that of the shelter model, and reposition the marker/trigger/helper accordingly. You may have to do the same with the door(s).

Can duplicate a packin and the elevatormaster activator and test with that. In theory.

I know you can swap models via copy and paste for sure though, as its an old trick from Skyrim that still works.

Edited by Rasikko