Need a Monitor

Would suggest a 1440p monitor. Modded skyrim and fallout 4 can be VERY demanding, and I'll assume you will be modding them since you're here. I speak from experience, using a 1060 6gb here, expecting to be able to play any game at max settings 60fps. But oh boy I underestimated how demanding mods can be. With countless graphical improvement mods for both games, skyrim especially, I can barely hit 30fps in areas such as riverwood with the mods and ENB im using. If frame rate do not bother you, would suggest going for a 4k monitor, as it will be able to fully utilize ur gpu and future gpus if u do upgrade.

For beth games, to me, anything above 30FPS is definitely playable. But, I don't go in for the 'prettification' mods myself. I DO tend to play with UGridsToLoad though, and that can most certainly have a profound affect on framerate. :D

Would suggest a 1440p monitor. Modded skyrim and fallout 4 can be VERY demanding, and I'll assume you will be modding them since you're here. I speak from experience, using a 1060 6gb here, expecting to be able to play any game at max settings 60fps. But oh boy I underestimated how demanding mods can be. With countless graphical improvement mods for both games, skyrim especially, I can barely hit 30fps in areas such as riverwood with the mods and ENB im using. If frame rate do not bother you, would suggest going for a 4k monitor, as it will be able to fully utilize ur gpu and future gpus if u do upgrade.

For beth games, to me, anything above 30FPS is definitely playable. But, I don't go in for the 'prettification' mods myself. I DO tend to play with UGridsToLoad though, and that can most certainly have a profound affect on framerate. :D

What is UGridsToLoad?

What is UGridsToLoad?

The number of grids (cells) the game loads around the player. Picture a piece of graph paper, with the player standing in one of the squares, the game loads the surrounding squares as well. UGridsToLoad determines just how far out the game goes to fully load them. 5 is stock, I generally run 7, to 9. (MUST be an odd number) 9 puts a horrendous load on the system though, so, in really 'busy' areas, (like downtown boston in FO4) framerate can really take a hit, and I get graphical glitches as well. I am running a GTX 1060 6gb vid card. 1080 would likely be able to do 9 without trouble.

Is that something you would set through the console or an ini file? And where can I find things like that instead of bugging you guys? Please don't tell me 6 years of collage, I doubt I would make it to graduation.

Is that something you would set through the console or an ini file? And where can I find things like that instead of bugging you guys? Please don't tell me 6 years of collage, I doubt I would make it to graduation.

Yeah, its in the .ini file. Careful with it though, going to high, can REALLY cause problems. Also, if you save outside, and exit the game, if you change the setting, the game will simply crash when you try to load. Saving inside will *usually* allow you to dial it back without issue. I think there is a script extender plugin to make changing it on the fly possible.... but, I haven't used it yet.

• 3 weeks later...