CROSS-talk with Niero

Pickysaurus

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love reading these mod author interviews. It's interesting to see the different reasons that people get into modding and where they get their inspiration from. I also enjoy getting some insight into the individual modding process and what tools different authors use.

(By the way, you forgot to change the mod author's name in the "thank you" note at the bottom. It still says "FrankFamily" from a past interview!)

Edited by danexuslurker

Thank you Niero, one of my favorite modders, definitely my favorite for Fallout 4. Your mods really inspire me to follow suit, and I'm amazed to learn that you just got into digital design with Fallout 4. I'm sure you're a busy guy, but if you ever posted tutorials with your creative process then I'd be all over them.

I'm guessing that asking about why Niero removed some of his, and TheKite's, NSFW mods from the Nexus was off limits? And before somebody chimes in, yes, I've heard the Bethesda job theory, and that for some reason, even though Fallout is rated M, Todd Howard (or corporate, lol) is concerned that lewd outfits in a mod author's repertoire creates an image problem for Beth. It still makes no sense, in that to my knowledge, no one knows who Niero really is. He can make all the Beth mods he wants, under whatever pseudonym he wants, with no one the wiser. And, if Beth wants to trade off of his name because Niero is well known in the mod community, then that's equally foolish because they can't change the fact that he's well known, in part, because of NSFW mods! The whole thing is a curiosity that feels like much ado about nothing.

warheadz:

16 November 2018, 7:35AM

And btw, there's still a lot of desperate zealots who still worshipping your "old" works and still refuse to believe that you remove it from nexus, even some of them accusing you for being a sissy which i saw in another site lol

As for "desperate zealots", I've seen none of that, not even at LL, but I have read many folks expressing their disappointment that many of the high-quality mods created by Niero and TheKite are no longer available from the Nexus. Fortunately, I was already using most all of the ones I wanted when they were taken down, but I absolutely agree that it's a shame they are no longer available for new folks, or those with corrupted/lost files.

It would also have been nice to get Niero's take on how his gumroad site has been performing for him. I've read comments on the Nexus from peeps bashing him for charging for high res textures when clearly that's not the case. Most of those people don't even bother to visit his gumroad site because they'd see that all of those 2K/4K textures are still free and donations are optional. Personally, I'm happy to pitch in a couple bucks for those awesome textures because it's still way cheaper, much higher quality, and far more original than anything on the Creation Club!

Overall, I'm glad you guys interviewed Niero and thanks for it, but next time, maybe try more in-depth and significant questions if you are able, please.

Cheers!

Edited by lister1911

In response to post #65235001.

lister1911 wrote: I'm guessing that asking about why Niero removed some of his, and TheKite's, NSFW mods from the Nexus was off limits? And before somebody chimes in, yes, I've heard the Bethesda job theory, and that for some reason, even though Fallout is rated M, Todd Howard (or corporate, lol) is concerned that lewd outfits in a mod author's repertoire creates an image problem for Beth. It still makes no sense, in that to my knowledge, no one knows who Niero really is. He can make all the Beth mods he wants, under whatever pseudonym he wants, with no one the wiser. And, if Beth wants to trade off of his name because Niero is well known in the mod community, then that's equally foolish because they can't change the fact that he's well known, in part, because of NSFW mods! The whole thing is a curiosity that feels like much ado about nothing.

warheadz:
And btw, there's still a lot of desperate zealots who still worshipping your "old" works and still refuse to believe that you remove it from nexus, even some of them accusing you for being a sissy which i saw in another site lol

As for "desperate zealots", I've seen none of that, not even at LL, but I have read many folks expressing their disappointment that many of the high-quality mods created by Niero and TheKite are no longer available from the Nexus. Fortunately, I was already using most all of the ones I wanted when they were taken down, but I absolutely agree that it's a shame they are no longer available for new folks, or those with corrupted/lost files.

It would also have been nice to get Niero's take on how his gumroad site has been performing for him. I've read comments on the Nexus from peeps bashing him for charging for high res textures when clearly that's not the case. Most of those people don't even bother to visit his gumroad site because they'd see that all of those 2K/4K textures are still free and donations are optional. Personally, I'm happy to pitch in a couple bucks for those awesome textures because it's still way cheaper, much higher quality, and far more original than anything on the Creation Club!

Overall, I'm glad you guys interviewed Niero and thanks for it, but next time, maybe try more in-depth and significant questions if you are able, please.

Cheers!

You can still find those mods if you know where to look!

In response to post #65235001. #65238371 is also a reply to the same post.

lister1911 wrote: I'm guessing that asking about why Niero removed some of his, and TheKite's, NSFW mods from the Nexus was off limits? And before somebody chimes in, yes, I've heard the Bethesda job theory, and that for some reason, even though Fallout is rated M, Todd Howard (or corporate, lol) is concerned that lewd outfits in a mod author's repertoire creates an image problem for Beth. It still makes no sense, in that to my knowledge, no one knows who Niero really is. He can make all the Beth mods he wants, under whatever pseudonym he wants, with no one the wiser. And, if Beth wants to trade off of his name because Niero is well known in the mod community, then that's equally foolish because they can't change the fact that he's well known, in part, because of NSFW mods! The whole thing is a curiosity that feels like much ado about nothing.

warheadz:

Cheers!
neoquinn wrote: You can still find those mods if you know where to look!

@lister1911: What kind of questions do you suggest?