14th Amendment Keep Or Change?

FlyIgnite

@Mctavish, you realize you can edit your posts so you don't have to spam like 20 times, right?

@Swan- give them their citations. I know there are tons for each point you make. In fact I am sure there are plenty of direct quotes you can find. Hell, I'll even help. I have a degree in History. I can cite til the cows come home. Then they can raise their own arguments with their own citations that don't have fake news or liberal media in any of their points. Should be easy enough.

• 2 months later...

Trump isn't "going after immigration", he's going after illegal aliens, not immigrants. Immigrants are people who gain access to a country by following the country's immigration laws. Illegal aliens are aliens that have entered and remain in a county illegally. Its not possible for anybody to be an "illegal/undocumented immigrant", it's not possible to follow a law illegally.

Illegal aliens are taking jobs...................Sorry that's also not possible, when people enter a county legally or illegally their presence expands the economy. It may not expand in a healthy way ( higher law enforcement costs, social services costs) but the economy and the need for manpower expands.

Illegal aliens suppress wages for lower income workers. That's been true for years and is suppressing middle income wages as well.

Immigration needs reform, yes anything requiring a lawyer is a broken process, Immigration turned a disaster during the Castle Rock period, worked well during the Ellis Island period then became inefficient after Ellis was shut down and it became decentralized.

There's no room in America for more people.....................You have never driven coast to coast.

Current immigrants are not assimilating and are destroying American culture...................... That's the exact thing that was said about the British by the Dutch, about the Italians, Germans and Irish in New York and the Chinese on the west coast and is still being said about Blacks and Jews. When I was a teen I had two friends whose Grandmothers only spoke Italian. One never left the farm she settled in except when she went to mass on Sundays. It's normal that older adults never pickup new languages, but instead to rely on younger family members to communicate.

Immigrants were put on trains after Ellis Island to stop them from clustering and to force them to assimilate.........................No, immigrants were put on trains to keep them out the hands of con artists who shepherded them towards slum lords who were stuffing them twenty to a room, mugging them and some cases murdering them. Also they were sent to areas where manpower was needed and there was space to settle.