Fallout 4 mods not working

sadsay1234

I have installed at least 20 mods. My fallout 4 game files are located on my d drive. I have all of the mods hardlink deployed inside of the fallout game folder. For some reason when I launch none of the mods even deploy. It's like I am playing on vanilla. Please help. Attached are screenshots of my fallout folder and my mods folder titled vortex.

You have to move the "Modg staging path" outside of the game's own installation directory. Somewhere on the same disk, but outside of Fallout 4.

Then make sure that the mods are all enabled. You should see the files linked into the game's data directory (under meshes, textures and so on).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue.

//edit: Got it working. Had to deploy and launch f4SE from the Vortex dashboard.

Set F4SE to PRIMARY, then you can start the game however you like.

Skyrim SKSE shown but the steps are the same, click the 3 small vertical dots on the tool in the dahsboard, and select MAKE PRIMARY, it will end up with a small white banner showing it's set to Primamry (shown) and will uatomatically run when you start Fallout 4

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

Also, SETTINGS--->INTERFACE turn on DEPLOY MODS WHEN ENABLED, and turn on ENABLE MODS WHEN INSTALLED.

That way, after downloading a mod and you click INSTALL, all of the other steps will be done automatically from now on

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey HadToRegister, i tried that, but it didn't work. my mods still arent loading

Wait, nevermind, figured it out. I just did something dumb XD

What exactly did you do? I have made the script extender my primary and launching it from the dashboard, still my mods aren't showing ingame. Never had such problems with modding Fallout or Skyrim. Really strange....