Fallout 4 mods not working

sadsay1234

I ran into this problem and couldn't figure it out since I have never had this issue with Skyrim or anything else I have used for NMM or Vortex. It would say that they are installed but when looking at the game folder nothing was there. Uninstalling them didn't seem to change anything either. What I did that got it to work was restarting my computer. I had them listed as installed in Vortex and before restart the game folder was completely default. After restart everything was visible like it should be.

I have the opposite problem. I have mods (about 70) I started the game up for the first time in about a year (updated the mods I could, did the F4SE update) started a new game and after having it constantly crash every minute or so, I tried to turn mods off, "disable" and uninstalled 2 to try that and it doesn't effect the game at all. The mods are unkillable. I am destined to have sparkly 4k eyes and a black widow pipboy for all eternity... In 60sec intervals. Till the game crashes...

I know. This should probably be it's own thread. I am running low on mental ability to organise all the information after having spent the last few hours trying everything I can think of to trouble shoot.

Edited by JesusBuckland

• 1 month later...

Hey HadToRegister, i tried that, but it didn't work. my mods still arent loading

Wait, nevermind, figured it out. I just did something dumb XD

What exactly did you do? I have made the script extender my primary and launching it from the dashboard, still my mods aren't showing ingame. Never had such problems with modding Fallout or Skyrim. Really strange....

Make sure you installed nexus into the same Drive as the game is installed for some reason even though nexus being installed on a different Drive should work fine it puts the Hardlinks to your mods in the wrong spot. so uninstalling Vortex and putting it in the Same Drive worked for me

Hey HadToRegister, i tried that, but it didn't work. my mods still arent loading

Wait, nevermind, figured it out. I just did something dumb XD

What exactly did you do? I have made the script extender my primary and launching it from the dashboard, still my mods aren't showing ingame. Never had such problems with modding Fallout or Skyrim. Really strange....

Make sure you installed nexus into the same Drive as the game is installed for some reason even though nexus being installed on a different Drive should work fine it puts the Hardlinks to your mods in the wrong spot. so uninstalling Vortex and putting it in the Same Drive worked for me

NO, Vortex can be installed on ANY drive.

It's the MOD STAGING FOLDER that needs to be on the same drive as the game.

You can easily set the location of the MOD STAGING FOLDER in Vortex using the MOD tab.

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In vortex under the MODS u will see PLUGIN click and enable all

i think that shoud work cause my downloaded mods were not working too.. In MODS they were enabled and when i click into PLUGIN and mine were not enabled so i enable them all and it works

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue.

//edit: Got it working. Had to deploy and launch f4SE from the Vortex dashboard.

Set F4SE to PRIMARY, then you can start the game however you like.

Skyrim SKSE shown but the steps are the same, click the 3 small vertical dots on the tool in the dahsboard, and select MAKE PRIMARY, it will end up with a small white banner showing it's set to Primamry (shown) and will uatomatically run when you start Fallout 4

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg

Also, SETTINGS--->INTERFACE turn on DEPLOY MODS WHEN ENABLED, and turn on ENABLE MODS WHEN INSTALLED.

That way, after downloading a mod and you click INSTALL, all of the other steps will be done automatically from now on

Hey thanks this has fixed everything