Vortex Won't Open At All

haromass

I have vortex and I used the auto installer and it wont even open. on the cursor it acts like its going to load and then nothing comes up and its nowhere in task manager. I've tried run as admin, restarting and reinstalling vortex and I've tried using an alpha version which worked but the next day it's doing the same thing.

Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU

Intel Pentium G4600 @ 3.60GHz 35 °C

Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1199MHz (16-16-16-39)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B250M-DS3H-CF (U3E1) 27 °C

Graphics

DELL ST2010 (1600x900@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (ZOTAC International) 27 °C

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA ) 36 °C

1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 (SATA ) 32 °C

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Same here for the new 16.10 mine does exactly the same had to go to appdata/roaming/vortex folder and there is an older installer and revert back to 16.05...After hours of messing around thinking it was my firewall.....DUH.. :pinch: run's fine now i just dismiss the new update when it asked to install it.................UPDATE....................DUH update did it again when i shut it down so reverted back to older version then turned off auto update in settings/vortex restarted it works again lol...

Edited by Rumbaz

• 2 months later...
My vortex isnt working either, it was working then i had to update my computer then when i tried to install a FO4 mod it wouldn't open and the vortex picture is just being displayed and the only way i can close it is with alt+space (i tried maximize but it is greyed out), please help

My vortex isnt working either, it was working then i had to update my computer then when i tried to install a FO4 mod it wouldn't open and the vortex picture is just being displayed and the only way i can close it is with alt+space (i tried maximize but it is greyed out), please help

Could you please make a new thread following the steps outlined here? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

Thanks

• 1 month later...