Problem with dragon age mods in override folder

lZomboy

I don't speak english but i will try to do my best

my problem is that the game does not read the mods installed in the override folder but if the .dazip installed with dmm

and not read the .override mods installed with dmm

if somebody can help me i will be gratefull

Edited by lZomboy

What mods, specifically?

Is the game not recognizing all overrides, or just .override packages?

What is the path/location of the override folder you are installing to?

the game not recognize all mods that i put in documents/bioware/dragon age/packages/core/override and the .override installed with dmm

the mods are natural bodies all in one, ligthning enhanced, madd guift guide, pts vibrant colors, white teeth, battle animatios for both genders, jb3 textures

I thought it was a compatibility problem but even if i install a single mod without the others it still does not recognize it

Edited by lZomboy

Thanks for providing the mods list and confirming the location of the override folder.

*cracks knuckles*

natural bodies all in one > Did you configure this in DAO-ModManager?

ligthning enhanced > Is this Lighting Enhanced? If so, it's a SweetFX config and it doesn't go in override. It needs to be installed to bin_ship, as per the instructions on the file page.

madd guift guide > Are you far enough along in the game to know if this is working or no?

pts vibrant colors > Have you compiled/edited your chargenmorphcfg.xml file to add the new tints to the character creator? (Note: there can only be one chargenmorphcfg.xml in override... if there id more than one, only Bioware assets will be accessible in the CC.)

white teeth > this conflicts with files added by JB3. ((DAO teeth are part of the skin textures, and not a separate asset. JB3 adds high res 'freckled' skins which replace the same vanilla skin textures replaced by white teeth. If you search through the comments for JB3 you'll find a list of the relevant files; I know I've posted it several times and I'm sure others have as well.)

battle animatios for both genders >no idea what this is, sorry :sad:

jb3 textures > not sure why this isn't being recognised by your game, since you are using the correct override folder... only thing I can offer is that if you've installed any of the 'optional' files, you may want to try removing them and using just the 'main' package. Also, check the graphics/video settings (from the load screen) and verify that the texture setting isn't too low.

Thanks for providing the mods list and confirming the location of the override folder.

*cracks knuckles*

natural bodies all in one > Did you configure this in DAO-ModManager?

ligthning enhanced > Is this Lighting Enhanced? If so, it's a SweetFX config and it doesn't go in override. It needs to be installed to bin_ship, as per the instructions on the file page.

madd guift guide > Are you far enough along in the game to know if this is working or no?

pts vibrant colors > Have you compiled/edited your chargenmorphcfg.xml file to add the new tints to the character creator? (Note: there can only be one chargenmorphcfg.xml in override... if there id more than one, only Bioware assets will be accessible in the CC.)

white teeth > this conflicts with files added by JB3. ((DAO teeth are part of the skin textures, and not a separate asset. JB3 adds high res 'freckled' skins which replace the same vanilla skin textures replaced by white teeth. If you search through the comments for JB3 you'll find a list of the relevant files; I know I've posted it several times and I'm sure others have as well.)

battle animatios for both genders >no idea what this is, sorry :sad:

jb3 textures > not sure why this isn't being recognised by your game, since you are using the correct override folder... only thing I can offer is that if you've installed any of the 'optional' files, you may want to try removing them and using just the 'main' package. Also, check the graphics/video settings (from the load screen) and verify that the texture setting isn't too low.

I do not know how to configure nbio with dmm, I install it in the override section of dmm and then it says that the mod is compatible and nothing else happens

yes is that lightning enhanced, thanks for the information to install it i had not realized that it was not in the override folder

the guifts doesn't have the name of the person who corresponds

i tryed to use chargenmorph compiler for the chargenmorphcfg.xml, but even if there is only one the game still doesn't recognize the mods

i installed white theet without the jb3 and the game still doesn't recognize it

i play the game with high graphics/video settings

i know that mod don't work because they don't appear in download content in the main menu, but if they appear the mods .dazip installed with dmm

edit:

now lightning enhanced works :D thanks

there are the .dazip

Captura-de-pantalla-1.png

Edited by lZomboy

Manual overrides and .override mods never ever appear in the downloaded content list (and aren't supposed to), so that isn't any indication of whether they are working.

Not all gifts are specific to a particular companion; most are generic gifts that can be given to anyone. What are some gifts you've found that don't have a recipient name, but you believe should?

NBaio won't have any effect on your game unless you configure the mod, since you haven't actually installed the body replacers until you choose the meshes and textures you want. (The initial install just adds all of the various files to choose from; configuring the mod renames your desired files so they can override the vanilla bodies.) The install instructions for the mod does mention that it needs to be configured; more detailed info can be found here, and there are screencaps of where to open the config menu here.

Glad I could help point you in the right direction on the lighting mod; it's a REALLY good idea to thoroughly read through the installation information for any DAO mod... while the installation of most are pretty straightforward, that is not always the case.

• 1 year later...

I have the EXACTLY same problems. The mods still don't work and I've tried everything it says here. My override folder is

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

But none of the mods in that folder works. However, the ones that work are in the folder "data", with a .erf termination, and are the same that worked for IZomboy.

Only the dazips works, I even tried to change the extension and nothing. The mod I'm traying to use is More Hairstyles, that is supposes to begin with the creation of the character...But, again, nothing.

I'm really, really losing my hopes that any of them will work...

@Laura7 - can you provide a complete list of all the override mods that you've installed that aren't working and the method you used to install them?

Have you compiled/edited your chargenmorphcfg.xml file to add the new hairstyles to the character creator? (Note: there can only be one chargenmorphcfg.xml in override... if there is more than one, only Bioware assets will be accessible in the CC.)? Just a placing a mod in the override folder is not sufficient to has it take effect during character creation; without the necessary information being added to the XML, the in-game CC won't use any mod that isn't a replacer.

Changing the extension of an archive to '.DAzip' is only a solution for one very specific issue: browsers that do not recognize the .DAzip extension and change it to .ZIP. DAzip installer mods have a very specific folder structure and some installer-specific files, and any mod didn't start out as a .DAzip won't function as one, just by changing the extension.

The .ERF files in the 'data' folder are not mods, per se. Rather, they are components of the DAzip mods you've installed.

I decided to put only one mod, in order to prevent compatibility problems. The thing is not even that one works.

Is More Hairstyles, I know is not one of the simpliest but I did everything as the instructions. I also used the compiler so there will be only one file named chargenmorphcfg.xml. As says in the instructions, I extract in the Override folder, that has the path:

C:\Users\Laura\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

And I also tried with the DAManager, but just don't work with it since is not a .dazip. Could it be what you said about the necessary information in xml file? But if so, then why the other mods didn't work either? or this one works for everyone and just not for me?

I don't really know that much about mods. My game is from Steam and its install directory is in other location path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition

So I have two "Dragon Age" location, the one in Documents and the one in Program Files, is that supposes to be right?

I read about others with the same problems in override and really nothing works in the end... :pinch:

Edited by Laura7

Laura7; Mods that change the Player-Character's (the "PC's", i.e. your Warden's) appearance, like More Hairstyles, have two components. The first is the mod itself, which includes any resource files (meshes, tints, etc.) needed for the changes that mod can make. The second is the "chargenmorphcfg.xml" file. The name is short for "Character Generator Morph Config". (A "morph" file is what holds the information for a character's face.) That's what tells the Character Creator (CC) program which elements are found where when making the morph.

When you install a CC mod, you also have to incorporate the entries in that mod's chargenmorphcfg.xml file into your ALREADY EXISTING chargenmorphcfg.xml file. As tsm pointed out to you in another thread, the game can only use ONE chargenmorphcfg.xml file at a time.

While you can make those edits by-hand if you choose, it is far easier to incorporate the new information using TerraEx's CharGenMorph Compiler. :thumbsup:

NOTE: If you've somehow trashed your original chargenmorph.xml, you can delete it and the game will re-create it next time you start a new character.

[EDIT: IGNORE the folders under "\Program Files..." That's where the vanilla game files are located and they are NOT to be touched for modding except in a couple very specific circumstances. The few mods that require changes there are very clear in their installation instructions.]

Edited by Thandal