Problem with dragon age mods in override folder

lZomboy

Try this.

• Remove everything from your [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder.
  • Reinstall More Hairstyles via the following steps:
  1. Extract the More Hairstyles 0_51-392.zip archive; you should have a folder called 'More Hairstyles 0_51-392' which contains another folder called 'More_Hairstyles' and a Manifest.xml file. Ignore that XML. You don't need it.
  2. Copy the 'More_Styles' folder to the [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder.
  3. Move the chargenmorphcfg.xml file located in the 'More_Hairstyles' folder to the override folder root.
  • Your [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder should now contain a folder called 'More_Hairstyles', and the chargenmorphcfg.xml file.
  • Start a new game. Create a new character. The hairstyles from More Hairstyles should be available.

If that resolved the issue, you can now add any additional non-character creator mods to the override folder. (Note that if you intend to use Dragon Age Redesigned, you will need to also install another mod called 'tucked hair', which I did not see in the list of mods you mentioned earlier. 'tucked hair' is not available on the Nexus, but can be downloaded here. There are several nested zip archives inside the tuckedhair.7z you'll download... you'll need to extract and install each of them, save for the one called tucked_hair_chargenmorphcfg.zip. You don't need to install that, as it is only required to use the tucked hair styles in the CC.... NPCs will use the hairstyles without it.

Also be certain to carefully read the documentation for Dragon Age Redesigned. That mod has a unique and somewhat confusing installation method, rather than being just a drag-and-drop override.

Hope that helps; I've just about exhausted my trove of advice and suggestions.

Edited by theskymoves