Vortex has broken my games.

S1LV3RSH1ELD

I tried Vortex since they said it was new and was an easier time using mods. I downloaded it and managed fallout 4 and Skyrim, copyed my mods over etc, but at the end of the day I didn't want to keep it.

I deleted all the mods from Vortex and then hit the purge button to clear up any remaining bits, and then removed Vortex from my system. I signed into my account on the nexus, refired up NMM, downloaded a couple mods from the Nexus just to make sure everything was okay and working fine. So far so good.

However when I fire up fallout 4 or Skyrim none of the mods are there! They show up downloaded and enabled in my NMM but whenever I try to play fallout 4 or skyrim it will either crash outright or all of my mods will just not be there? It's like they're there but the game and NMM are failing to communicate.

I tried running it in administrator and clicking the box "Associate with NXM URLS" but that didn't fix it either.

• Is the problem just that NMM doesn't know where to look for the mods?
  • Did Vortex screw my mod folder up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by S1LV3RSH1ELD

• 1 month later...

im haveing a problem with vortex. i used it for skyrim mods but now that im trying to use it for fallout 4 i cant get it to let me set the path for the mods. ive tryed everything ive seen on youtube but im still lost. i went to steam local files and copy and pasted it in the bar but it just wont let me apply it. does anyone know what to do?

Well I think you may need to direct your NMM to where your mods are loaded. Possibly you may need to look at loadorder.txt (I think its what its called) in the fallout folder and see if any mods are loaded. Sorry can't provide further assistance, as I don't use NMM anymore - in my case it did the same thing your experiencing but without every having installed vortex it just happened one day.