I would like to know if there is any relatively simplistic way to get rid of certain weapons from Weapons of the New Millenia without destroying other existing levelled lists or causing NPCs to spawn without any weapons.

The problem with WotNM is that it adds quite a few weapons, but not all are of the same quality (such as the difference between the very good Colt M4A1 and the less well done Bushmaster M4A1), and some of which I do not want in my game for various reasons. I cannot simply delete references in Milleniaâs levelled list script because that causes various problems (such as the aforementioned NPCs spawning without weapons, or the main menu disappearing if entire weapons are simply deleted) Is there any sort of toggle for individual weapons in the script(s) that I can try?

I am somewhat forced to using WotNM because I also want CaliberX compatibility, for which no support exists for Milleniaâs individual weapons, therefore warranting me using it. Can someone advise and/or help me with this?

"Getting rid" of certain weapons is almost certainly going to break some mod. This is less of an issue if it is for your own personal use, but much more prohibitively of one if you plan to publish it.

What you generally want to do is provide "alternatives" (such as your own "feature/compatibility patch" to add the "missing" individual weapons) and then use a "merge/bash patch" to cause your preference to be utilized. Please see the wiki article "Compatibility Patching" for the basic process. There is also the "Multiple file Merge-Up Procedure" article for a more complex example.

Please see this "Adding to Form Lists, Leveled Lists-Best Practices" thread for the advice of very experienced mod scripters.

-Dubious-

"Getting rid" of certain weapons is almost certainly going to break some mod. This is less of an issue if it is for your own personal use, but much more prohibitively of one if you plan to publish it.

What you generally want to do is provide "alternatives" (such as your own "feature/compatibility patch" to add the "missing" individual weapons) and then use a "merge/bash patch" to cause your preference to be utilized. Please see the wiki article "Compatibility Patching" for the basic process. There is also the "Multiple file Merge-Up Procedure" article for a more complex example.

Please see this "Adding to Form Lists, Leveled Lists-Best Practices" thread for the advice of very experienced mod scripters.

-Dubious-

I actually created a new .esp in the Geck and using the levelled list .esp as a master was able to look up the script that is associated with the specific .esp (called 'WotnMLeveledListQuestScript'). In the editor I was able to simply remove lines of the vendor and loot lists that referenced the weapons I did not want.
However, this apparently did not work. It seems that now all of the weapons are missing from vendors (including the ones I did not touch), which should not be the case. I do not understand exactly what caused this, since I did not modify any of the levelled lists themselves (which could cause problems without creating a bashed patch), but simply removed lines in a script.
Do I need to recompile this script or something for the changes to apply?
This is an example of the lines for one of the weapons from the script:
; MP412
AddItemToLeveledList VendorWeaponsGunsTier1 CondMP412RMMPLoot 1 1 100
AddItemToLeveledList GunRunnerStoreTier2 CondMP412RMMPLoot 1 1 100
I do not understand how simply removing both lines ♥♥♥♥s something. What about the variables (??) at the end? Should I replace the two ones with zeroes?