Vortex broke my Skyrim ?

Nitroxone

I've installed Vortex just to try it out ; I found it horrible, and decided to uninstall it.

When I started my Skyrim Special Edition after uninstalling it (I have not tried playing it after installing Vortex first), something very annoying happened and keeps happening :

Whenever I try to load a save, Skyrim tells me that ALL my mods are disabled. And when I check in the Nexus Mod Manager (my current mod manager that I've always used and that always worked), it tells me that everything is activated and working fine.

This is obviously related to Vortex, but what can I do ?

Edited by Nitroxone

Uh ... no I did not experiment on it, I just installed and uninstalled, nothing else.

And it does not answer my question ...

Edited by Nitroxone

Uh ... no I did not experimented on it, I just installed and uninstalled, nothing else.

And it does not answer my question ...

Did you have NMM open at the same time you were running Vortex?

Because using both causes them to fight over the plugins.txt

What exactly did you DO with Vortex when you just tried it out?

Your description is pretty vague so far.

In my setup I've been using NMM for some games, WryeBash for others, and a combination of Wryebash+Vortex and haven't run into the problem you have.

So, your description needs to give much more detail

No, only Vortex was running.

What I did with Vortex : install the software, click on the "Game" section, click on "DISCOVERED", added Fallout 4, Skyrim SE and Skyrim. I've clicked on "Manage" for all the three.

And I uninstalled because "mods can't be deployed". That's it.

No, only Vortex was running.

What I did with Vortex : install the software, click on the "Game" section, click on "DISCOVERED", added Fallout 4, Skyrim SE and Skyrim. I've clicked on "Manage" for all the three.

And I uninstalled because "mods can't be deployed". That's it.

So you didn't IMPORT your mods, you just fired up Vortex, and Vortex said it couldn't deploy your mods because you didn't import them, and you uninstalled it?

So you didn't IMPORT your mods, you just fired up Vortex, and Vortex said it couldn't deploy your mods because you didn't import them, and you uninstalled it?

Exactly.

Well, there you go.

You should've referred to this, and read it.

Vortex Help Center, FAQ, and Documentation

Hem ... This is not resolving my actual problem : my mods are present in my Skyrim folder but are not activated in the game.

What happened is this.

You installed Vortex, didn't IMPORT your mods, and just ran Vortex instead.

Vortex read you PLUGINS.TXT from NMM, and since it didn't have any mods imported, disabled your mods in the plugins.txt files, so once you uninstalled it, and ran NMM again, NMM is lookjing at the plugins.txt file of all your mods being disabled.

I did that once with WryeBash

I had Vortex open, I loaded WryeBash, and Wryebash proceeded to disable m entire load order