Can't seem to get SetIconPath to work.

Deleted44948562User

I'm attempting to write a simple script to apply The 3rd Type and DekoMan91's misc item icons via script, rather than record edits. But I can't seem to get anything I try to compile.

SetIconPath "interface\MiscItemIcons\Pipboyimages\Items\abraxocleaner.dds" AbraxoCleaner

The above code precisely follows the example provided on the wiki, but no dice. I've tried various other formats, and the one I managed to get to actually compile didn't even apply the icon. Any suggestions? What exactly am I screwing up here.

E: Oh, and if it helps, I am using the GOG version of Fallout New Vegas. Furthermore, I know how to open the GECK via NVSE and have worked with NVSE scripts before, so it has nothing to do with that.

Edited by Guest

Are you using the "GECK 1.4 Powerup" addon? Even if so, it's been superceded by the GECK Extender NVSE Plugin which also fixes some GECK flaws. Hopefully that will give you a descriptive error message as to why your script won't save/compile.

You might try using the "GetIconPath" function first to verify the path is what you believe it to be.

-Dubious-

Are you using the "GECK 1.4 Powerup" addon? Even if so, it's been superceded by the GECK Extender NVSE Plugin which also fixes some GECK flaws. Hopefully that will give you a descriptive error message as to why your script won't save/compile.

You might try using the "GetIconPath" function first to verify the path is what you believe it to be.

-Dubious-

Upgrading the GECK didn't net me an error message unfortunately. For whatever reason, this function is just determined not to work in the manner directed on the wiki. I'm faintly suspicious that the provided syntax is incorrect. But I have no idea.

So, you still can't get your script to save/compile? Did you check the game root folder (where the EXEs are) for GECK logs? Extender should also display the same "log window" as NVSE when you get a script error.

If you did get the script to compile, what did the "GetIconPath" function return, and how did it differ from the syntax in the example and your script?

Post the script thing here (in "code" tags inside "spoiler" tags). See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler & Code tags". Until you can get the script to save you can't really tell what works and what doesn't.

-Dubious-

• 2 weeks later...

Lord, my apologies for the extremely delayed response - life got in the way for a bit. Double apologies if necroing like this is bad form. It seems I had initially misunderstood how the GECK power up displays error messages. I replicated the syntax I used in the OP above and was finally able to determine the error.

Simply: "Script command "SetIconPath" not found."

Which is... something else. Because that would seem to indicate that NVSE does not in fact support that function, even though the wiki claims it does.

E: Welp. Figured that out in a heartbeat. It seems that using the SetTexturePath function instead finally got things in working order.