New Vortex version not worknig

SkillerLegendary

Hello there. Just a few minutes ago, I installed the new Vortex version, and it doesn't seem to work properly. When I installed the update, Vortex immediately crashed. I try opening it again, but it still didn't work. I tried reinstaling it, but it's still crashing. I will gladly appreciate if someone can help me resolving this issue.

Note: The first Vortex I had installed was installed with the Vortex custom location installer, and when I reinstalled it, I installed it with the one-click installer.

Edited by SkillerLegendary

Note: The first Vortex I had installed was installed with the Vortex custom location installer, and when I reinstalled it, I installed it with the one-click installer.

That could be the problem, did you UNINSTALL the previous version that you installed to a custom location, or did you just install the new version (Without the option to install to a custom location) while leaving the other version of Vortex on your drive?

If so, then you've got two versions sharing common files that they probably shouldn't

Well, I was in Vortex, and I got a notification that there is an update, and I've clicked the "Install and restart" button. When it installed, instead of opening up it crashed. I didn't know what to do, so I uninstalled it with the uninstaller in the Vortex folder. Then I went to the Nexus mods page, and went to the Vortex page. And then I downloaded the one-click installer. When it downloaded, i started it and Vortex installed, but it kept crashing.

That could be the problem, did you UNINSTALL the previous version that you installed to a custom location, or did you just install the new version (Without the option to install to a custom location)

I updated Vortex, then uninstalled it, then I installed it again.

Seems the version that came out in the last 72 hours (between Oct 31st and Nov 3rd) has some major issues. Guess we wait for the "powers that be" to fix it. Part of the Beta struggle...

I guess that's the problem. I have a similar complaint with the new version (it just doesn't start up, not event the splash screen). The only solution I found was uninstalling the new version, download the older version and turn off autoupdates.

Yep. But before installing, a pop up screen told me not to whine bcoz of something idk why

Actually, I get that whenever opening Vortex. Bcoz something is missing and bcoz of that some subsuquental (something like that) errors may happen and I may lose data idk