How could I edit PC XP/experience?

dimedius

I've tried searching the forums but maybe due to the terms I was using, I could not find a hit.

I'd like to find the records that affect XP (so I can make changes to them).

I did find some items under game setting which seem to work when place to zero for certain items (location discovery, hack/lock rewards) but have some odd behavior for other things.

I think I set no xp for NPC/Enemy kills, but I still get XP and in a weird way.

I kill the NPC, my XP bar goes up slowly and I can see it count each XP after x time (+1 xp then +2 xp and so on until it hits like 10xp or 14xp).

I check my own level and I go from level 1 to level 7 from 1 kill.

So it seems to me, I've changed a multiplier of how the XP is displayed (causing the xp fill bar to "fill" for about 1 second or so then +2 xp and rinse and repeat).

Some kind of multiplier is in effect now causing me to gain massive amounts of xp to level 6 times.

The goal I am pursuing is to make 0 xp from all things minus quest completion and possibly from kills.

I've tried to look at what other mods change but most are not working correctly or edit too many things.

I would like to edit the following:

Quests

Kills

Location Discovery // Crafting // Cooking // Hacking // Lockpicking - seem to work properly when edited.

The only way to controllably manage XP grants (without hacking the base game variables or static settings to hell and back) is through perks.

Grab SKK Kill XP which does exactly what you want and look at the SKK_KXP perks in FO4EDIT or the CK.

Thanks for the quick response!

I suppose I failed to understand your approach to address this topic when I initially installed the mod.

I'll go over your mod again and check it out and see what I can learn ;)

My ultimate goal is to have an MCM compatible version of a mod like this.

Are you interested in making an MCM version or is it not able to do so? Do you have any objections if I attempted a version like that?

In the perk chart you have location/speech/kill exp and one that will do all experience, if you adjusted the multiplier less than 1 it would reduce exp, so if you multiplied the all experience by 0.80 all experience in the game would be reduced by 20%, if you added that to the special stat's at say endurance 1 then it will always be on, unless someone had 0 endurance.