Trading with big settlements

angrylol

I was doing play with building settlements with cool manufacturing mods. By the time I made some 10'000 Jet I realized that there is some emptiness. Where to put it?

So idea for mod:

Way to create "supply deals" with Diamond City, Goodneighbor, Nuka World market, Far Harbor by talking to respective merchants. Selling weapon shipments to KLE0, selling drinks for barman, etc.

How coul'd it work

After talking with merchant and agreeing to supply him with goods you could be able to build some sort of "dock" with container for specific merchant in your settlement and assign settler "caravan" to it.

Each ingame week respective vendor could generate somewhat randomized list of needed goods, for example:

Kill or be Killed

- 5 pipe pistols

- 10 assault rifles

- 10 revolvers

- 500 .45 rounds

- 20 Nuka grenades

Put in in container, press some button and Caravan is sent to respective city, returns with caps after few days.

Also it could work other way around, could request shipments of resources from merchants. Creating loop where you are the manufacturer.

Considering how lacking AI is, they don't even loot bodies[except picking up dropped weapons], not even mentioning trading or upgrading their gear or getting chems, food or aid, I understand that something related to actual demand or supply of goods is out of question. But such illusion should be possible to create.

Maybe someone with know-how and will could think about this.