Vortex is an unmitigated disaster

LeadvilleMatt

Who thought this platform was a good idea or any sort of improvement over NMM?

Nothing works. I had to delete all of my NMM managed installs, reinstall them, only to discover Vortex is entirely broken.

Flame on...but I have been using NMM since it's release...I AM a Premium (Lifetime) user, I did read/watch the info and Vortex STILL SUCKS.

Carry on.

BTW - just try an install of the NMC's Texture Pack with Vortex for an example of what I am talking about.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who thought this platform was a good idea or any sort of improvement over NMM?

Nothing works. I had to delete all of my NMM managed installs, reinstall them, only to discover Vortex is entirely broken.

Flame on...but I have been using NMM since it's release...I AM a Premium (Lifetime) user, I did read/watch the info and Vortex STILL SUCKS.

Carry on.

BTW - just try an install of the NMC's Texture Pack with Vortex for an example of what I am talking about.

I have an install of NMC texture packs done with Vortex for Fallout New Vegas.

I downloaded all three parts and they installed just fine.

I had to uninstall it though because my Video Card could use some updating and experiencing smooth gameplay was more important.

Your point?

Enjoy NMM, if it works for you, good for you.

Anyway...

attention.jpg

I just downloaded Vortex and I can't get to download any mods. When I click on the download button I get a pop up saying I have no program to do it with. I thought I did everything right but I guess I missed something. Does anyone have a guess to what I did wrong?

I just downloaded Vortex and I can't get to download any mods. When I click on the download button I get a pop up saying I have no program to do it with. I thought I did everything right but I guess I missed something. Does anyone have a guess to what I did wrong?

That should be covered here: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Downloading_from_Nexus_Mods_with_Vortex

exFAT doesn't support Hardlinks. That's a problem of this totally outdated filesystem, not Vortex.

With the exception of SD cards, there's really no reason to use exFAT.

If you complain abou the lack of exFAT support, why stop there? Vortex should also support FAT with 8.3 filenames, shouldn't is? Over the board? Why, what's the difference?