Vortex is an unmitigated disaster

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

[email protected]

[email protected]

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts

Who thought this platform was a good idea or any sort of improvement over NMM?

Nothing works. I had to delete all of my NMM managed installs, reinstall them, only to discover Vortex is entirely broken.

Flame on...but I have been using NMM since it's release...I AM a Premium (Lifetime) user, I did read/watch the info and Vortex STILL SUCKS.

Carry on.

BTW - just try an install of the NMC's Texture Pack with Vortex for an example of what I am talking about.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,801 posts

Who thought this platform was a good idea or any sort of improvement over NMM?

Nothing works. I had to delete all of my NMM managed installs, reinstall them, only to discover Vortex is entirely broken.

Flame on...but I have been using NMM since it's release...I AM a Premium (Lifetime) user, I did read/watch the info and Vortex STILL SUCKS.

Carry on.

BTW - just try an install of the NMC's Texture Pack with Vortex for an example of what I am talking about.

I have an install of NMC texture packs done with Vortex for Fallout New Vegas.
I downloaded all three parts and they installed just fine.

I had to uninstall it though because my Video Card could use some updating and experiencing smooth gameplay was more important.
Your point?
Enjoy NMM, if it works for you, good for you.

Anyway...

attention.jpg

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Talk to me!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

if nothing works, you're doing it wrong.

carry on.

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 3,720 posts

Hi,

I am afraid we would need more specific feedback to offer any kind of improvement. If you could point out what exactly you find lacking, and/or what is not working for you, then we could look into it and attempt to rectify the issue.

Mihaldrago

Mihaldrago

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just downloaded Vortex and I can't get to download any mods. When I click on the download button I get a pop up saying I have no program to do it with. I thought I did everything right but I guess I missed something. Does anyone have a guess to what I did wrong?

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Talk to me!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

yes, you didn't read any of the stickies that are there to help you. start there.

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 3,720 posts

I just downloaded Vortex and I can't get to download any mods. When I click on the download button I get a pop up saying I have no program to do it with. I thought I did everything right but I guess I missed something. Does anyone have a guess to what I did wrong?

That should be covered here: https://wiki.nexusmo...ods_with_Vortex

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,801 posts

Answered for the 200th time

This is BASIC SETTINGS.
I don't know about anybody else, but SETTINGS is the first thing I open in any new software or game I install, in order to see just what I can change with the program/game.

Vortex-Chrome.jpg

razvan1990

razvan1990

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts

if nothing works, you're doing it wrong.

carry on.

What about the fact that Vortex doesn't work with exFAT?

I found that out the hard way.

Or is that also my fault? Since maybe I developed Vortex, not someone else.

Grestorn

Grestorn

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 628 posts
exFAT doesn't support Hardlinks. That's a problem of this totally outdated filesystem, not Vortex.

With the exception of SD cards, there's really no reason to use exFAT.

If you complain abou the lack of exFAT support, why stop there? Vortex should also support FAT with 8.3 filenames, shouldn't is? Over the board? Why, what's the difference?

Page loaded in: 0.707 seconds