Vortex is an unmitigated disaster

LeadvilleMatt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

that topic has been beaten to death.

if you want to override the loot api use groups or specific load before/load after rules and hey presto - you can manipulate your load order any way you like. i do this with a couple of mods that i want in a particular point in my load order - its easy.

Who thought this platform was a good idea or any sort of improvement over NMM?

Nothing works. I had to delete all of my NMM managed installs, reinstall them, only to discover Vortex is entirely broken.

Flame on...but I have been using NMM since it's release...I AM a Premium (Lifetime) user, I did read/watch the info and Vortex STILL SUCKS.

Carry on.

BTW - just try an install of the NMC's Texture Pack with Vortex for an example of what I am talking about.

I know how you feel. For some reason the Furniture Textures in NMC aren't loading in my New Vegas game. There's no telling what else isn't loading. And I have the most based set up for the game for testing. i.e.

NVSE + JlP plugin addition (Since I'm gonna need it anyway)

4GB Patcher

Archive Invalidation

YUP

All on a fresh download of FNV.

vortex is a hot mess it throws up false flags for issues with mods that have never had problems between them

not to mention the interface is so pointlessly complex that it's irritating to the Nth degree that anyone thought this was a good idea

i like the name but that's it that is the only thing about vortex i line the name it sounds cool

the mangier is dysfunctional wont load my mods into my game is irritating to work with

nmm did this stuff at times but it was usually cus of human error not a poorly made program like vortex

# :nuke: the vortex manager - give back NMM

I like how much easier it makes to pick and choose what Textures I want from the list it provides (when it actually works); Vortex has a bit of a steep learning curve, but it isn't that hard to figure out once you get your head wrapped around it. It's simply not working correctly for the most simple of tasks it's supposed to do. Like, replacing Textures, and properly implementing Archive Invalidation so said Textures can load.

I really can't think of anything easier for it to do.

I just wonder why it's working perfectly for so many people for month. It must be the secret private version, that's actually working, which was only distributed to us! That's it!

:)

Really, all this hate and bashing, just because people have problems getting used to a different and (not so arguably) much better approach...

It's hard for me to believe Vortex is so awful when it has worked so well for me over the past eight months. I started with alpha versions of Vortex and now run the latest beta update, v. 0.16.12. Vortex is managing three of my games - Fallout 4 (four profiles), Fallout 3 (one profile), and Skyrim SE (two profiles).

Profiles and profile management are important to me. In my experience, Vortex is head and shoulders above anything I've used before (and that includes MO, which I still value as a superb mod manager). NMM was alright when managing a single profile, but I found it to be disappointing (but not "an unmitigated disaster") when it had to deal with multiple profiles.

It's perplexing to me that people are going ballistic over two of the most simple features of Vortex to implement - mod conflict resolution and load order management. (Well, they're simple to use, but I suppose the code behind these features is very complex.) I can only assume that these ballistic folk are Vortex illiterate, or blinded by mod manager preconceptions that don't apply to Vortex, or both.

Anyway, Vortex - ad victoriam!