Vortex is an unmitigated disaster

LeadvilleMatt

I have now repeatedly had the issue with this program where it randomly disables ALL the mods I have installed for a game on opening the program, when I switch between games Vortex handles. And it does it on its own. Had everything set up great for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE. Both working perfectly. Install a new gun mod for Fallout 4. Next time I log into Vortex and switch back to Skyrim, all my mods for that have been disabled. And this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened with either of the two via Vortex, on different builds of it.

And it also undoes every rule I put in place. And when I have 200+ mods running, that's a massive pain.

Maybe there is some setting I don't know about that does this. But I never had these kinds of issues with any other mod programs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now repeatedly had the issue with this program where it randomly disables ALL the mods I have installed for a game on opening the program, when I switch between games Vortex handles. And it does it on its own. Had everything set up great for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE. Both working perfectly. Install a new gun mod for Fallout 4. Next time I log into Vortex and switch back to Skyrim, all my mods for that have been disabled. And this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened with either of the two via Vortex, on different builds of it.

And it also undoes every rule I put in place. And when I have 200+ mods running, that's a massive pain.

Maybe there is some setting I don't know about that does this. But I never had these kinds of issues with any other mod programs.

Where do you have Vortex installed, and where did you put your Mod Staging Folder, is it on the same drive as your games?

Guest deleted34304850

@gamerguy - open a new post describing your issue in the vortex support forum. you wiill get support there - hence the name - necro'ing or simply appending an unrelated issue to a post won't help you at all.

basic forum etiquette dude.

@gamerguy - open a new post describing your issue in the vortex support forum. you wiill get support there - hence the name - necro'ing or simply appending an unrelated issue to a post won't help you at all.

Where do you have Vortex installed, and where did you put your Mod Staging Folder, is it on the same drive as your games?

I use the default installer for location and such regarding Vortex. However, my actual Steam Library where my games are installed on are a separate drive, and not the default location Steam chooses for itself. I have heard that Steam has caused issues because of the install location in the past with some people, but I'd personally never experienced any issues like that with it. Might it be related to that?

Sorry, posted in haste earlier, while still rather angry about the issue and half asleep. In hindsight, I should have made a new thread. And whoops, double quoted you accidentally.

Edited by GamerGuy369

Guys I can't figure out how to run NVSE from Vortex, any advice? I have NVSE installed into my FONV directory as it should be (I've used NVSE before but this is my first time with Vortex) and it seems as though I can only run one without the other.

Guys I can't figure out how to run NVSE from Vortex, any advice? I have NVSE installed into my FONV directory as it should be (I've used NVSE before but this is my first time with Vortex) and it seems as though I can only run one without the other.

NVSE should already be in your Dashboard, so just click on the three vertical dots and select "MAKE PRIMARY"

Once you do that, it will automatically run when you start FONV with Vortex

Vortex-SKSE64-Make-Primary.jpg