Missing error

xshrnn

You are probably missing exactly what Vortex said : the master file for the mod you installed. Click on the More tab error and it will tell you what master you are missing and go to Nexus and download it.

this is what is says when i click on more. dont know if you can read it but it says this.

Error: yaml-cpp: error at line 1, column 3: unknown escape character:
at l.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:134:1)
at ChildProcess.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:66:1)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
at emit (internal/child_process.js:772:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:141:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
Edited by xshrnn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently having the same error for a few weeks now. tried reinstalling Vortex and NNM with no luck. It worked fine after importing from Nexus to Vortex for about three weeks, then one day I try to open Vortex and get an "unrecoverable error has occurred" message. If I select "ignore" then "I wont whine" Vortex opens, then when I proceed to activate Fallout 4 then I get the "Failed to load master-/userlist" message for Fallout 4 but not Skyrim SE in Vortex. But I can still start and play Fallout 4 or Skyrim SE from Nexus just fine. Any help would be helpful.

Edited by Oldgammer1969

same issue after a crash, tried reinstalling everything.

my error:

"Error: yaml-cpp: error at line 1, column 3: unknown escape character:

at l.handleResponse (H:\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:134:1)
at ChildProcess.handleResponse (H:\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:66:1)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)"

I started Vortex as normal. Getting this new error on start-up. Using Win 10. I have been using Vortex for months without issues, no new mods added, and this new error has started within the past 3 days. FYI, I can chose to "ignore" and then "not whine" to access my game and mods, but that does not solve the start-up error within Vortex. Thanks for your help in getting a patch sent out.

Bruiserlarue

Error: yaml-cpp: error at line 1, column 3: unknown escape character:

at l.handleResponse (F:\Nexus Mods Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:134:1)

at ChildProcess.handleResponse (F:\Nexus Mods Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\webpack:\gamebryo-plugin-management\node_modules\loot\index.js:66:1)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

• 3 weeks later...