Scrap the Commonwealth

Swordsguy2010

i had an idea for a mod not sure if its even possible but hear it goes. (and if something like this exists then please let me know)

Its a mod that adds a new device you can craft, where if you drop this device on the ground in lets say the downtown area it would act sort of like a Settlement work station( except you can't build anything), where it would generate a SMALL area around it that you could then scrap every wrecked car, tire pile, maybe a busted up wall in some alleyway, the counter of some shop, that busted up sentry gun you blew up get some extra steel out of that.

And once your done scraping everything of value you pick up the device again and the area deactivates and you can move the device to another area, say some junk yard perhaps and scrap all the loose piles of cars and get TONS of resources from it. rinse and repeat until you've Scrapped the Commonwealth!.

maybe there would be a positive side effect that since you scraped nearly the entire commonwealth of all the busted up cars and crap lying around, the game wouldn't have to render them anymore, thus giving you some more FPS maybe? :/

This would not give you more FPS. This in fact would make things a lot worse because it requires to break EVERY precombined mesh across the whole world. Any performance you'd gain from removing those bits would be lost entirely as you'd have removed the main system that makes the game run better.

This would not give you more FPS. This in fact would make things a lot worse because it requires to break EVERY precombined mesh across the whole world. Any performance you'd gain from removing those bits would be lost entirely as you'd have removed the main system that makes the game run better.

So scrapping a random pile of cars out of some river or off a bridge would damage the frame rate?

Yes, because that is part of a precombined mesh most times and you need to break it out first, which means basically voiding the performance system in place and ultimately just losing more fps than you gain. This is why any garbage removal mods on nexus are mostly wrong and useless.

Sorry for off top but I want to ask this for a really long time.

How toll buildings still stand after a nuclear war?

Entire Boston supposed to be leveled to the ground.

Well in the fallout Universes Version of america things were built to last. when realistically many of the buildings that are standing in game would be..well lets just say you wouldn't want to set up shop sort of speak anywhere near them because a hefty gust of wind could/would blow them down. Arg don't even get me started on that whole mess. >_<

Yes, because that is part of a precombined mesh most times and you need to break it out first, which means basically voiding the performance system in place and ultimately just losing more fps than you gain. This is why any garbage removal mods on nexus are mostly wrong and useless.

Well, thats unfortunate. :/

i had an idea for a mod not sure if its even possible but hear it goes. (and if something like this exists then please let me know)

Its a mod that adds a new device you can craft, where if you drop this device on the ground in lets say the downtown area it would act sort of like a Settlement work station( except you can't build anything), where it would generate a SMALL area around it that you could then scrap every wrecked car, tire pile, maybe a busted up wall in some alleyway, the counter of some shop, that busted up sentry gun you blew up get some extra steel out of that.

And once your done scraping everything of value you pick up the device again and the area deactivates and you can move the device to another area, say some junk yard perhaps and scrap all the loose piles of cars and get TONS of resources from it. rinse and repeat until you've Scrapped the Commonwealth!.

maybe there would be a positive side effect that since you scraped nearly the entire commonwealth of all the busted up cars and crap lying around, the game wouldn't have to render them anymore, thus giving you some more FPS maybe? :/

how would this work in a smaller/ cell like inside a building cell or just over all a smaller area instead of the hold map, or would this cause to much glitching in a already to glitchy game? (ie cell reset bug for items/ power armors) sadly i still get this bug and i dont know what is causing it.. )