Confusing Error Messages (SKSE64)

Wererommel

Every time I try to play Skyrim SE, I get the following message:

SKUI ERROR CODE 1

The Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64) is not running. SkUI will not work correctly!

This message may also appear if a new Skyrim Patch has been released. In this case, wait until SKSE 64 has been updated, then install the new version.

For more help, visit the SkyUI SE Nexus or Workshop pages.

This is followed immediately by a second message:

RaceMenu Error(s): You are running SKSE Version 0.0.0 expected 2.07.56 or greater SKSE script version mismatch detected (59) expected (0). Please reinstall your SKSE scripts to match your version. NiOverride plugin not detected, various features may be unavailable.

Error Codes (0)(1)(3)

Then comes a third message:

Outdated or Skyrim install detected. SexLab currently requires Skyrim v.1.9.32 or newer to function. To continue using this mod; you must update your install and reload your game.

I am playing Skyrim SE in Windows 10.

Version: 1.5.53.0

SKSE64 v. 0.2.010, installed as per instructions

NMM v. 0.65.10.0

So far as I can tell, all mods are up to date. All dependencies are satisfied.

The NiOverride plugin is in Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source

Steam detects no errors in the local data.

I have no idea what these messages are supposed to mean, but they plainly contain inaccurate information and are most unhelpful.

Edited by Wererommel

Is Steam installed in C/program files or the default file path? Windows wont like it one bit if that's the case. NMM is no longer supported and while it was a solid manager for a long time and all we had it has some flaws. I suggest you try either Vortex or Mod organizer 2. Both can be found on the Nexus. Personally I will be using Mod Organizer 2 due to familiarity with the program. The error codes are telling you SKSE64 is not installed correctly. Assuming it is installed correctly and you have NMM pointing to the correct skse.exe Possible quick fix …. go into your Skyrim root folder and sent skse64_loader.exe to your desktop (create shortcut) then use that to start skyrim. NMM doesn't always pick it up and you may need to alter some file path to skse64_loader.exe. Then try start up Skyrim from your new shortcut. If that works check that NMM is indeed pointing NMM to the SKSE64_loader.exe. A bit confusing possibly. Its 6.20am ere but I hope it helped.

• 2 years later...

Is Steam installed in C/program files or the default file path? Windows wont like it one bit if that's the case.

Then where should it be installed?

Anywhere outside that folder. You can set up whatever you like. Something like e.g. c:/games/... would work. I got a folder for Steam on a second drive. Choose what you like.