Vortex Category Management and Display

NewThalos

Long time MO user ever since pretty much the beginning, never cared for NMM, but I've since decided that I'm going all in with Vortex and I'm committed to it's development.

I've been neglecting to really customize and organize my category section of my mods like I used to for quick sort/swap management because of the way Vortex displays them, making it a bit tedious to quickly shotgun through and adjust on the fly.

Can we please hide the 'Game Section' flags from the Category drop-down menu? Or have an option to toggle them off?

Can we also force them to sort alphabetically?

This extra word-wrap clutter makes it very un-enjoyable to micro manage my categories now. :sad:

YX4jarU.png

Another function I miss with MO was the ability to mass change category designation for multiple mods at once. This function is replaced by individual category management, but is made tedious because of the superfluous information added to the Category drop-down menu.

Thanks for the great new Mod Manager, looking forward to more continued updates! :smile:

Have you tried setting the Theme to "Compact Mode"?

I run in compact mode typically, doesn't change anything. I've since started working on creating my own custom theme, but I've not had much time to work on it. When it's done, it would be considered a "cleaner" version of the compact mode, removing any superfluous information from the menus.

Well, the problem is that the game name isn't prepended by Vortex, that's a Category "Folder" as maintained by Nexus. For Skyrim, Nexus has separate categories for Enderal so you have at the top level "Skyrim" and "Sure AI: Enderal".

Interesting. Any thoughts on a workaround?

BTW, I'm really enjoying Vortex, it took a small learning curve, but it's a nice inclusive platform for the Nexus. Thanks!

A future version (not yet sure it will be the next one) will probably

a) Offer an option to hide the top level category. In the case of skyrim this will effectively merge the skyrim and enderal categories but since the enderal categories are all prefixed anyway (so the category is "SureAI: Enderal -> Enderal: Misc") you can still distinguish them in this case. Not sure if that's true for all of these cases.

b) allow the dropdown menu to be wider than the input line, so that, even if you have very long category names it doesn't have to wrap them.

The second one might cause other visual glitches so please don't take this as a promise, it's just a plan that may still change.

b) allow the dropdown menu to be wider than the input line, so that, even if you have very long category names it doesn't have to wrap them.

The second one might cause other visual glitches so please don't take this as a promise, it's just a plan that may still change.

Cool dude, I appreciate the thoughtful reply.