Tips on Transitioning from FOMM to Vortex

Sixfish11

Hey Guys, I was just wondering if anybody could give me some tips on transitioning from FOMM to Vortex. I know FOMM is considered old but i've always found it to be the best mod manager to use with FNV. Now that Fallout: New California I want to try a mod framework better supported for 2018 modding. I have a f*#@ ton of mods installed with FOMM, and a pretty sizeable package manager full of mods. Any idea how I can start porting these over in an efficient manner?

Thanks!

If you're itching to play Fallout New California, and if your current FOMM setup is to your liking, and if all you have to do is drop Fallout New California into your game, then I would recommend that you stay with FOMM for this round of play. While I and many others have had no trouble switching over to Vortex from a variety of other mod managers, nonetheless things can always go wrong. It would be a shame for you to miss out on a great New California experience because you're doing this with Vortex -----> :wallbash:

However, whenever you do decide to move your mod pile over to Vortex, you'll find it to be pretty simple. Read the Vortex documentation found in the Knowledge Base link found on the Vortex dashboard. Pay particular attention to how Vortex handles mod conflicts, load order, hardlink deployment, and LOOT. Vortex is not your average mod manager! Then go to FOMM and simply copy and paste your FNV archives (not the extracted mods) into the FNV downloads folder that Vortex will create for you. Once they're in that folder, open Vortex and you will know what to do, because you've already researched what you need to do.