Vortex - Something I'm Extremely Irritated About.

ModsByAlex

I've been modding Skyrim and various Bethesda games for years now, although not on this account. I've never felt real pressure to switch to Mod Organizer (MO) and abandon Nexus Mod Manager (NMM).

NMM has pretty much been amazing. It did have a few issues with installing and uninstalling mods, taking a longer time than preferred, but overall it was simple and easy to use for new comers.

I completely invite new mod managers to the modding scene but this is NOT the way. Vortex has caused various mods to drop support for NMM and has been extremely irritating. One of the mods that was VERY important to me to be able to play was Fallout: New California for Fallout: New Vegas. Although this may not be an issue for most, I had a very tough time installing it with NMM ending in failure.

I went onto the Fallout: New California mod page for clarification and it said:

"Use Vortex or MO2 to install (NOT NMM or FOMM!)"

"WE NO LONGER SUPPORT NEXUS MOD MANAGER OR FALLOUT MOD MANAGER!"

Apparently this was due to NMM or Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) not being about to handle larger files which was the reason for the Vortex creation in the first place (paraphrasing), which is totally understandable.

I understand the creation of Vortex (and any other alike mod managers), but I really just want the simple and easy to use NMM to be supported. I know that I will never be heard but this seems like the place to speak up..

Yo, can we get a NMM 2.0 or something? To be blunt, Vortex is straight trash. A heap of garbage. It's extremely hard to use and doesn't carry over previous mods installed via NMM in my experience.

I've personally decided just not to install mods that don't support NMM from now on. I've uninstalled Vortex and reinstalled NMM.

If you'd like to reinstall NMM if you've uninstalled it I will provide a link: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

Edited by ModsByAlex

Yo, can we get a NMM 2.0 or something? To be blunt, Vortex is straight trash. A heap of garbage. It's extremely hard to use and doesn't carry over previous mods installed via NMM in my experience.

Another case of Vortex Derangement Syndrome.

Apparently you are not aware that there is a thriving Nexus Mod Manager community on GitHub who are continuing to develop NMM. You can find the link at the bottom of the Vortex download page on Nexus Mods.

Guest deleted34304850

if you have been modding for years, how can you be THAT ignorant? Honest question, because truly, that load of nonsense you posted has baffled me.

Another case of Vortex Derangement Syndrome.

Apparently you are not aware that there is a thriving Nexus Mod Manager community on GitHub who are continuing to develop NMM. You can find the link at the bottom of the Vortex download page on Nexus Mods.

"Vortex Derangement Syndrome"? You take one quote and reply in that manner. I've said before that I'm open to other mod managers to be included into the modding scene, I just cannot endorse Vortex becoming the poster-child of Nexus though. Like I've stated before, my opinion is that Vortex is complete trash.

Anyways thanks for the information, I didn't think to look through the entirety of the Vortex dl page.

if you have been modding for years, how can you be THAT ignorant? Honest question, because truly, that load of nonsense you posted has baffled me.

Explain what exactly what you find 'nonsense' about my post. It seems that you are completely obsessed with jumping into anything that anyone posts that is slightly bad about this abomination called Vortex and 'defending' it.

Yo, can we get a NMM 2.0 or something?

Link to GitHub for NMM development: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager

Ask the developers there to fix things like large mod support.

Development takes effort, and resources are finite. At work we have long lists of features on the roadmaps, and we pick which ones will make it into the next release. "Just do all of them" is never an option.

Just my opinion: Vortex is a clean, modern and flexible application designed from scratch as a cross-game mod manager. Splitting work between it and old duct-tape-and-baling-wire mod managers would be a waste of their time.

Guest deleted34304850

no i'm just intrigued by your stance, given your opening statement. there's an obvious dichotomy there that as i said, baffles me.

no i'm just intrigued by your stance, given your opening statement. there's an obvious dichotomy there that as i said, baffles me.

My opening statement was simply justifying my post sense I doubt there would be a reason for someone with a baby of an account such as mine to be posting it. I really don't see the dichotomy of what I've posted. Is it so hard to believe that someone who has modded for years hasn't taken a nose dive into it? I don't know nearly as much as I should but my point still stands.. slightly. I do realize after hearing other productive responses that there is further NMM development from the community.

Yo, can we get a NMM 2.0 or something?

Link to GitHub for NMM development: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager

Ask the developers there to fix things like large mod support.

Development takes effort, and resources are finite. At work we have long lists of features on the roadmaps, and we pick which ones will make it into the next release. "Just do all of them" is never an option.

Just my opinion: Vortex is a clean, modern and flexible application designed from scratch as a cross-game mod manager. Splitting work between it and old duct-tape-and-baling-wire mod managers would be a waste of their time.

Thanks for the productive reply.