Heavy Traffic ×

Can I export a Skyrim script to Fallout 4

nwinzaw

Hi,

Before everything I would like to say I have very little experience in modding.

I am trying to use a (vanilla)script from Skyrim which is called VoiceCharmFactionScript.psc which is used to make nearby animals fight for you. I know the basics of changing variables and making magic effect on creation kit to match conditions and stuff but I have very little idea on scripts. On the CreationKit.com about papyrus apprently I have to recompile it but the script in question on their site is pex. Trying to copy paste the script source gives a compilation error.

Just as a disclaimer I am not trying to post a FO4 mod using a Skyrim script and claiming it as my mod, I am just trying to make a personal mod where I can turn more than one enemy against each other.

• 1 month later...

depends.... yes & no..

The IP of a code is such that there is no harm or fowl in doing what you are doing, has I understand IP Text issues.

If someone yells Copyright, that usually means that they don't know it works, the IP of Code is treated differently than let's say a novel. Since there is only so many ways to skin a cat, IP protects the idea, not the wording of the idea pre-say. In-regard to code.

So the wording in a code is up for grabs, but what the entire Function or Methods DOES is protected.

Edit

To confuse you, you can Copy a Function or Method, with different code wordings & that not breaking IP, since you arrived at same place a different way, that doesn't copy their IP

Edit 2

It is a very complicated matter, I just tried to get the gist of it across.

Hi,

Before everything I would like to say I have very little experience in modding.

I am trying to use a (vanilla)script from Skyrim which is called VoiceCharmFactionScript.psc which is used to make nearby animals fight for you. I know the basics of changing variables and making magic effect on creation kit to match conditions and stuff but I have very little idea on scripts. On the CreationKit.com about papyrus apprently I have to recompile it but the script in question on their site is pex. Trying to copy paste the script source gives a compilation error.

Just as a disclaimer I am not trying to post a FO4 mod using a Skyrim script and claiming it as my mod, I am just trying to make a personal mod where I can turn more than one enemy against each other.

But doesn't that already exist in FO4? Attack dog, or Animal friend, or some such?