on open lifecycle

montky

Hi there;

I was recently inspired to reflect upon

Steve40's post #148 from NMMThread 7009231 "Straight Men and Transgenders"

With that idea in mind, if someone was 69 years old, but identified as a 49 year old,

should they have the right to change their official documents to say that they were born 20 years later than actuality?

Like this guy: |link|

I believe this concept merits a separate thread entirely,

as it's a distinct topic from that thread.

I look forward to seeing what folks prerogatives are on this.

-----

Towards answering that hypothetical;

"if someone was 69 years old, but identified as a 49 year old,

should they have the right to change their official documents to say that they were born 20 years later than actuality?"

A: It depends,

if they are medically verified as being of a particular state,

then yes, they may seek the qualified privilege

of being able to display an ApparentDateofBirth

commensurate with their current state.

|note, medically verified objectively,

not based on a subjective 'feeling', or a partial incomplete subset of self-reporting data

ie 'I'm fit as a fiddle and can still run marathons and am as sharp as a tack' is a cursory level

and isn't as rigorous as a holistic independent-continuous medical monitoring.|

even so;

they cannot alter their True-and-Correct 'ActualDateofBirth",

and would still be required to provide that in many instances,

though, they can apply to have their apparentDateofBirth altered.

-------

It may happen in the near future that,

people's chronological age becomes decoupled from their 'current state'.

there are several pathways

Edited by montky

Here's my $0.02:

First of all, there is currently no scientific basis for "transagism".

Secondly, age is simply a measure of time. You cannot change your date of birth unless you have time travel technology, which does not currently exist. I think it's fine if someone identifies as younger/older and takes steps to make their body and expression more congruent with their identity, say with cosmetic surgeries or a change of style. But this does not mean your date of birth can be changed.

Thirdly, being able to change your date of birth raises several problems. Age restrictions would no longer matter if every teenager could change their date of birth to make themselves 21 and buy all the alcohol they want, for example. It also makes it difficult to deal with cases of pedophilia if the offender has changed their date of birth to make themself 8 years old. Granted, if "age dysphoria" were treated similarly to gender dysphoria at all, you would likely need to be examined by a psychologist first before you could change your legal date of birth, which would certainly lessen these cases but it would not eliminate them.

First of all, we don't all age at the same rate. There are people in their 20s who look like they're in their 40s and people in their 40s who look like they're in there 20s, and 60 year olds like me who got older but never grew up. But that said, if all the guy wants to do is hookup with younger women, he should stop lying about his age and start lying about his bank account.

First of all, we don't all age at the same rate. There are people in their 20s who look like they're in their 40s and people in their 40s who look like they're in there 20s, and 60 year olds like me who got older but never grew up. But that said, if all the guy wants to do is hookup with younger women, he should stop lying about his age and start lying about his bank account.

That's actually a highly effective method. :)

• 1 month later...

Transposing your age would of course depend on the legal ramifications.

Ergo across the line of legal culpability.

Sorry just like having the twig and berries ... having the age of culpability , makes you culpable.

By the way ... setting a president to get you twig and berries chopped off.

That is a bad thing ,,, I think in anybodies thought process if they think about it.

So ... should let those not sure about that extreme ... feel comfortable to contemplate it .

Just a thought ...

By the way ... setting a president to get you twig and berries chopped off.

That is a bad thing ,,, I think in anybodies thought process if they think about it.

So ... should let those not sure about that extreme ... feel comfortable to contemplate it .

Just a thought ...

Doesn't this belong on the "Straight Men and Transgenders" thread?