Possibly mod related texture issue? Please help

knightinwhite

I'm having an issue that is a little tough to explain, and I have yet to find anyone having an even closely similar issue.

Long story short, I'm having a landscape texture issue where as I walk around, I notice a moving black texture on some parts of the ground and at the edges of water. It doesn't really happen in any particular place, just random splotches on the ground. It also moves depending on the position my character is looking at it. I know it might not make a load of sense, but just view the images below and you'll see what I'm talking about:

https://imgur.com/a/uajrWIY

In the pictures that have water, you'll notice along some of the edges of the water (near the shore) will have ugly black lines where the water connects to the shore, as well as black splotchy squares all over the water.

Again, it doesn't happen in any specific places, it's literally everywhere, all across skyrim. Even happens in some caves, and in cities but is much less common.

I have disabled every texture mod I can think of, (between NMM and the in game mod section) reloaded the game and it'll still be there. I have disabled all grass mods, snow mods, weather mods etc. I even disabled my ENB. Nothing makes it go away. I'm so bothered by it that I'm about to completely wipe all my SSE stuff, delete all mods, uninstal the game and completely start fresh. Before I do so though, I wanted to ask somewhere if there is possibly ANYONE out there who has ANY idea or advice for me.

I played the game with this issue for about a month now and it's really getting annoying. I used to love taking screenshots but now my game is ugly lol. There has to be something that I'm missing. Maybe it's something dumb I'm missing, I don't know.

I'll also add that I don't know a ton about modding, I'm still a novice. But I know how to follow instructions! I also know how to manually add mods, as well as use NMM to install mods. But that's the extent. (I have not switched over to Vortex either. I JUST learned how to use NMM lol)

***For landscape textures I use the Skyrim 2017 4k textures. I also use Static Mesh Improvement, Some grass mods and other random texture mods. All of which I HAVE disabled and loaded the game to see if it goes away and it doesn't.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Edited by knightinwhite