• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

ventor6

ventor6

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can you make an exact installation guide ?, download and install but I did not have a satisfactory result.
Thanks ;)

mlbrad

mlbrad

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
In response to post #65158326.

Spoiler

do to it being a smaller file size with better compression the performance benefit should be less vram usage, fps should only be affected by the mods you are using and how you have your install setup

so basically the idea is to free up the vram for better texture mods without reducing image quality, meaning the difference will only be visible to people that would stand to benefit from having that extra vram

mlbrad

mlbrad

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
In response to post #65159766.

Spoiler

drop into data folder replacing main skyrim se texture bsa files, but if using MO2 you will want to install skyrim se main files like a mod and then replace the its main texture bsa files with these.

remember MO2 uses a virtual file system so there is no benefit to leaving skyrim se main files in the Data folder unless you are using nexus mod manager or vortex otherwise you would be double loading the files which would lead to more ram and vram usage instead decreasing their usage.

Edited by mlbrad, 14 November 2018 - 03:21 AM.

sirjesto

sirjesto

The SirJesto Podcast

• Premium Member
  • 13,577 posts
In response to post #65112046. #65117621, #65120061, #65122026 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

It's possible a setting on the mesh could be causing it to I think.

s890206TW

s890206TW

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I am sorry , I'm still confused

what do you mean by "if using MO2 install skyrim se main files as a mod,but replace their main textures bsa files with these texture bsa files"
what is the "main file "you're talking?

I am using MO2 , just want to know can I replace the original texture bsa file with this mod's bsa files manually
(I back up the original texture files in case anything went wrong)

Edited by s890206TW, 14 November 2018 - 09:01 AM.

mlbrad

mlbrad

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
In response to post #65164786.

Spoiler

i am referring to the files that would normally be in the Data folder, you had it right in the last part of your comment those are the files that you want to replace.

with MO2 those files do not have to be in the Data folder, and can be zipped up and installed into MO2. by default MO2 does not control anything in the Data folder, but this is easily changed by moving them from the Data folder and installing them through MO2 just like any other mod

sictired

sictired

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 110 posts
ok so im using 32gb RAM and 11gb VRAM and playing on 4k resolution (no ENB)

the performance monitor shows that my VRAM usage is between 5 and 11 GB depending on where i am. mostly around 7-9gb usage.

however your mod changed nothing to that or maybe like 100-200 MB. so im unsure if its working.

Im using this https://www.moddb.co...istic-overhaul/
and all my mods are already "ordenadored" which actually seems to keep me from reach 10gb

but when i reach 10-10,7gb usage the game starts crumbling. so i wanna make sure its working.

as far as i know "skyrim realistic overhaul" actually has textures for almost everything in it, so maybe your mod doesnt do anything at all in my case?!

mlbrad

mlbrad

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
In response to post #65178211.

Spoiler

at 4k resolution your vram usage will always be thru the roof, it can be done but pushing your vram usage back down will be tricky there are a few guides that show how to tweak your ini files for good performance like S.E.P.T.I.M. and S.T.E.P. .

i am personally using a 52 inch 4k tv with enb and a nvidia 1070 put out by asus 8gb vram, just look at the mods i use on my new mini guide you can clearly see that it is doable but requires a lot of fine tuning. as it is i need to play with my own setup as i am slowly starting to reach my own vram cap.

i will prob resolve it by resizing some of the texxture mods that i use and then run them tthru DDSopt which should drop the vram usage, but it will take me some time to figure it all out

MPMoncavo

MPMoncavo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I can merge all the 3 parts of your mod?

mlbrad

mlbrad

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
In response to post #65251186.

Spoiler

all three parts are meant to be used together, if that is what you are asking

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.912 seconds