Is Zimmer a Synth?

Alehazar

Playing through the Quest "The Replicated Man", I usually go for a peaceful resolution. This last time however, I agreed with Harkness' own assessment, that a more bloody course of action was called for; I left him to deal with the dear old doctor.

A little while later I returned to Rivet City's science lab on an unrelated event and witnessed the confrontation between Zimmer and Harkness.

Once the dust cleared, Harkness left and I searched the bodies of both Zimmer and his synth bodyguard Armitage. Both had an android component in their inventories.

I figured -since Armitage was a synth- that the component was a bit of tech you'd expect to find in such an advanced robotic humanoid.

But Zimmer having the same sort of gizmo?

Was he just carrying replacement parts for repair purposes?

Or does it mean that Zimmer was a Synth himself?

Or that the real Zimmer was still at the Institute and he sent a synthetic copy of himself to retrieve A3-21?

Maybe the people at Bethesda wanted to hint at that possibility.

Or it is an Easter Egg of some kind -a more subtle reference to the movie "Blade Runner".

In the movie, it was Harrison Ford -who played Deckard- who insisted that his character simply had to be human and not a Replicant. Making Deckard a Replicant would undermine the whole premise of the film; or so I read.

So making Zimmer a Synth, would be akin to making Deckard a Replicant -and maybe it's up to the player to decide the significance of the android component in Zimmer's inventory.

Maybe trying to pickpocket both Zimmer and Armitage could be the tie breaker; if only Zimmer has the component in his inventory -and Armitage does not- when he's still alive, then it is likely to be nothing more than a spare part.

Hmmm , you got me curious , so I did some looking in the geck.

And I will go ahead and tell you not to bother with pick pocketing , since it is added by a death item list.

With the android component being the only thing in the list and unique to those 2. But there is a 3rd NPC that also has it upon death. And figuring out who that is might explain it ? But then again ... it may just bring up more questions ???

It's not Harkness .

Another mystrey I think ... is ...

What does your sig pic say ?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...