NMM Corruption Preventing Mod Imports

Brownhorn111

Ok so, I just tried to import my mods to Vortex from NMM, however, I cannot go past step 2 of the import process (Setup), because of a red error message on the bottom that reads"
"Vortex cannot validate NMM's mod/archive files - this usually occurs when the NMM configuration is corrupt"
What do I do in this situation? What is the reasonable solution to this? Got any tips on what I should do? Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

You will have to import your mods manually.

If you are trying to import mods in order to transfer a game currently in progress, then don't. Stay with NMM and enjoy your game.

If you are trying to import mods in order to start a new game using Vortex, then you will need to transfer them yourself because of the broken import. Follow these steps.

1. Make sure your target game is shown as "managed" in Vortex.

2. Locate the NMM downloads folder containing the mod archives you want to transfer. Make sure the folder contains only archives and not extracted mods.

3. Locate the target game downloads folder that Vortex automatically creates.

4. Copy the archives from NMM and either paste them into the target game downloads folder in Vortex or drop them into the "Drop File(s)" box at the bottom of the target game mods page.

5. Open the target game mods page, and you will see a list of mods whose status is "Never Installed."

6. Click on the Knowledge Base tab on the Vortex dashboard. There you will find all the help you need to move from "Never Installed" to a game ready to play.

7. Enjoy your game.