Question on Mission and Map Choice

Shabdez

I've recently startet a new LW game for test and had two Supporter UFO landings in the first month. Plenty of ressources from the start, but it was only a short test. In previous playthroughs, I encountered maybe one of these in a month and rarely in the starting month.

After the test, I started a new game and have made it to late October by now. What confuses me is, that I haven't seen a single Supporter landing in all the time. Thinking about that, I remebered that I had commented out one map from the transporter map type. There are two maps for landings (LSupplyShip_ForestGrove, LSupplyShip_RockyGorge) and two for crashes (CSupplyship_OverlookA, CSupplyShip_Wildfire). The one I commented out is LSupplyShip_RockyGorge, which I don't like.

Is it possible, that by commenting out a map, the mission doesn't take place at all? I sort of thought, that RNG rolls for a mission type, sends the UFO and depending on your success or failiure in air combat, it then chooses from the available maps for landing or crash. As I have only taken out one of the two landing maps, I would have guessed that the game will send my squad always to the remaining map.

Or is it just bad luck, that no Supporter UFO ever showed up?

Edited by Shabdez