Whitescreen - Reasons

Tannin42

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Uninstalled Vortex - Via the control panel [Vortex-1-0-17-11-1554901229.exe]
2.) Uninstalled Fallout 4 - Via Steam
3.) Rebooted
4.) Verified that the Fallout 4 was gone
5.) Installed Fallout ; after install unchecked the "High Resolution Texture Pack"
6.) Installed Vortex; after it installed and ran, I ran into the same issue, but vortex seemed to think it was still managing Fallout 4
7.) I used Revo Unistaller Pro to uninstall Vortex
8.) Re-installed Vortex and got no errors , accepted that Vortex will handle NMM links.
9.) Logged onto the NMM website with my default browser.
10.) From the Vortex dashboard, I clicked on the little red head icon [upper right] and was prompted to log in on website. [pressed button], browser tab opened and I pressed the authorize button .
11.) Via Vortex, I clicked on the games tab, there was Zero manged games and [7] Discovered
12.] I hovered my mouse over Fallout 4 and clicked Manage. Vortex gave me a busy mouse for just a couple of seconds and I have 3 alerts.
a.) Mods can't be deployed
b.) Loose files may not get loaded
c.) failed to sun from profile
13.) For Mods can't be deployed I clicked on "Fix" , read the dialog and then clicked on fix that took me to the "mods" tab where I clicked on "suggest" [the path was updated to the same drive that the game was installed on] I clicked apply.
I got a dialog stating that the destination folder has to be empty, since I had an previous install of vortex, there was a folder with fallout 4 folder. I removed the fallout4 folder and the dialog went away.
14.) For Loose files may not get loaded - I clicked on the fix and the prompt went away.
15.) For failed to sun from profile - I clicked dismiss
16.) I then went to the NMM site and located a mod to install " Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch " [ 4598 ] and clicked Download: [Vortex] button
17.) The mod downloaded via Vortex, clicked on the install button , then after the install I clicked on the Enable button.

• 2 months later...

Vortex let me know about an exception after I installed "Populated Skyrim SE Hell Edition BSA Version". It seems to have installed but I've not tried running SSE with the new install. I'll give it a go and let you know...assuming I need to do that. Yours, Adipose

Vortex let me know about an exception after I installed "Populated Skyrim SE Hell Edition BSA Version". It seems to have installed but I've not tried running SSE with the new install. I'll give it a go and let you know...assuming I need to do that. Yours, Adipose

I'm not able to verify that issue, but can you please start a new thread if you encounter further problems.

I don't know much about software and this sort of thing but I am pretty sure none of these are the reasons for mine, and mine is particularly strange at that. Vortex and Skyrim were working fine until a short power outage happened while I was playing, Vortex open in the background. When I got back up I found it had corrupted my latest save file, no big deal, but when I opened up vortex it did this. It looped a crash, it crashed, then uncrashed, over and over. The notifications saying the latest session crashed kept piling up. The loop took no more than three seconds. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't do anything to help and I don't have the slightest clue what might work. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi gamers, I have that white screen also...and i know the reason also, because i did remove some APPS in win10 that must have been needed to vortex.

Can someone tell me witch apps are needed to run vortex mod manager in win10home, so i can reinstall it...are these apps on my install stick?

I did'nt read ALL the reply's here above, so sorry for that because there are alot of them

Thanks anyway and keep gaming!

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to install specific mods for Fallout 4 or Skyrim on vortex, I get a white screen and then it tells me that vortex has crashed. It then brings me to this thread that started almost a year ago.

Has anyone figured out a solution or do i have to wait for vortex to be updated? I just really want to play my games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes, I had an unusual experience yesterday when I was managing mod Sandbox Settler. Then all of the sudden in my task bar, I must have counted over 20 tabs when Fallout 4 was trying to open. This is the first time I saw it do this. I will be more than happy to help you out if I can. I'm a novice with the mods and learning how they work with Fallout 4. Oh, however I didn't get a "Whitescreen" the ones that I could open was a "Black" screen. Hope this was a little help.

Angelwantstoplay

• 2 weeks later...