Porting a mod from inactive author

PsychoSlammer

Someone still owns the books copyrights and people can open their work to the public domain if they so wish. Also just because a company tanks does not mean the right of use granted by the agreements made between two entities gets revoked.

Oh hi Fore love yer mods. Yeah they have a thread somewhere about it in the GMA

Thank you, quertyzeldar. :)

I still can't find anything. Do you talk about the Care Taker? That's different. You have to pass the mod over to him. I don't want that yet. I want someone to take it "just in case". Like, when I haven't been active here for one month. I'm living a dangerous life ... :wink:

Then they can't be used. The author of the AIO, should have or at least had some method of contacting the author of the textures. If permission isn't granted to utilize that work or gained, you're at an impasse where either you can find something similar which you can get permission for, or failing that create your own work.

The one thing that some people wonder about that isn't covered by copyright protection is an idea. So you're able to be inspired by someone else's work and create your own variant of such.

That is an excellent point. If you love an old, abandoned mod, -make a new, similar one and release it yourself. It will have to be somewhat different to avoid infringement.

I think a fair example of this is Simtam's Open Civil War. This mod is quite different from Apollodown's Civil War Overhaul, but essentially does the same thing. Overhaul's Bethesda's cut-down version of the civil war into something you can plot, execute and fight in.

• 1 month later...

ok got another one, how bout one wants to make an addon for a mod, only changing a few things and having those files in the addon and not the rest of the files. so like there is an armor out there but i want to make a change to the body (which the body is obviously owned by ousnius and caliente :P ). so i would link and credit the original then post mine for overwriting.

i guess that would still fall into the infringement for changing the weight paintings of an armor.?

damn laws hurt my head :D