crashing wile making quicksave n hardsave :\

ZeMantras

just started a new game, installed according to gamerpoets guide

playing with just 7 mods, and no retextures, + using ENB

so yeah pretty much a clean install

the gameitself seems to be performing quite well, no stutters no huge slowdows, all seems smooth

I only seem to crash wen i make a quicksave or hardsave, and its always the same kind of crash, screenfreezes for a few seconds, than goes to windows then amd pannel complains the driver crashed.

i hae tried ruining with NVSE or just NV and its the same.

Im playing on a Amd r9 390x, maybe my third playthru of newvegas w this card and seems to be first time this happens

i Remember in fallout3 some ppl use a different d3 .dll that made the game run better... do i "need" todo this in newvegas too?

maybe newvegas ENB has issues with amd cards?

wondering if anyone came across this issue.

thnks

Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

Check that you have sufficient free disk space in your "Users" folder (which is where all saves are stored). That typically is on your "C:" drive and (depending upon how you have your disk drives organized) can fill up unexpectedly. Windows gets "cranky" when it falls below 10% free of total disk space on any drive.

The "d3d9.dll" you are recalling from FO3 just faked the game into thinking you had an older video card. Not related to a CTD when attempting to write to disk, and should not be needed.

-Dubious-

its not disk space, and the logs i have checked look like gibberish to me lol (sry), still investigating, but im quite sure its ENB something i maybe didint tweak right,ican post here wen i find the issue

Edited by ZeMantras

"Post processors" such as ENB work on the graphics after they have been output from the video card, but before they have been displayed on the monitor. They logically should not have anything to do with saving files. By that same token, neither should any game logs be related. Please see the paragraph about "auto-saves" under the 'Essentials for Getting Started' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

The key is going to lie in the Windows Eventlog error. Don't expect that to make much sense you, but if you post the relevant section described in the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article, we should be able to interpret it.

-Dubious-