Can't enchant apparel on XB1

MarkTheFiddler

Howdy,

This is Mark.

It seems to me that enchanments on apparel gets busted if I use a cheat to increase enchanting level over 100 or I use a mod item to boost enchantment. I don't really care too much but my best levelling methods after playing through some mods is to use enchanted apparel to help boost alchemy and smithing.

I can no longer boost apparel.

I'm going to reload one more time and start a final game with the best of your mods. I'm avoiding the cheat rooms and anything that artificially boosts skill levels. I'll avoid apparel that adds enchanting bonuses because I don't think the game can handle it. Anything else I should avoid?

Edited by MarkTheFiddler

Ah, I wasn't specific. When I select a piece of apparel to enchant (rings, helms, circlets, bracers, armor, boots, etc.) All options are disabled. Tried many times and many ways. I went legendary in hopes to reset. Once broken, always broken.

I have restarted from clean vanilla saves many times. I deleted all my saves, and reloded the game this last time.

I hope that fills in a few of the gaps.

My suspected mods are 'cheat room, levellers tower and the vdk start chest rings. That's what make me believe it has to do with incompatibility with the vanilla code. Perhaps a save table was overlaid. Weapon enchantments work fine.